Improved O-Line Hungry to Show Growth

A question. Have you EVER seen an OC scheme to our weaknesses like Enos did last year? I've seen some bad, bad OCs here, but I have never seen one that asked his most inexperienced unito do the most heavy lifting.

I must admit, playing to your weakness for SHORT times during a game can surprise your opponent.....BUT stubbornly making it your primary strategy is a recipe for disaster

We are NOT Bama. Enos never seem to accept or realize that.

I was shocked he was kept so long

Advertisement
The x-factor with our OL is Coach Justice. I think he’s an obvious upgrade plus the returners have another year in the program. A new offense will help as well. I think we might be pleasantly surprised by our OL this year.

Our o line was bad, no doubt. But our qbs looked like statues at times with no pocket presence.

Our QB didn't bother to study the playbook and didn't take the job seriously. Talented QBs that struggle in a particular offensive scheme usually find good homes. Williams couldn't find any takers and even WKU said no. He's playing QB at community college in NJ. Say what you will about the OL and Enos, but when your starter transfers and virtually every team says no - not even for depth - I think you might have identified one of the biggest problems.

Being a good coach is getting between the ears of your players. They probably needed a little boost in confidence given their past performances and coaching. Now the job is getting them the technique and in condition. Adding Williams didn’t hurt either.

Advertisement
A question. Have you EVER seen an OC scheme to our weaknesses like Enos did last year? I've seen some bad, bad OCs here, but I have never seen one that asked his most inexperienced unit to do the most heavy lifting.

The only comparison for Enos was his equivalent on defense from a few years ago...I think his name was Dorito (aka Coach No D). 3-4 with 2 gapping telling south florida kids to not be aggressive and go make plays. Dark times.

The only comparison for Enos was his equivalent on defense from a few years ago...I think his name was Dorito (aka Coach No D). 3-4 with 2 gapping telling south florida kids to not be aggressive and go make plays. Dark times.
That whole thing with Golden/Dorito and the obsession with keeping that defense was downright bizarre. The strangest thing was that Dorito even as a former college player had zero football IQ. We had some exciting offenses but Golden would not touch the defense. So weird.

Campbell is going to be a player. It’s year 3 for him so it makes sense.

Zion at guard is also interesting. He has good natural power. Maybe he finds a home there?
Coach Justice said, “guard makes the game slow down for young players. It lets them get comfortable player without overwhelming them.” That’s what I believe is going on. I still believe that ultimately, Zion is a tackle.

Advertisement
That whole thing with Golden/Dorito and the obsession with keeping that defense was downright bizarre. The strangest thing was that Dorito even as a former college player had zero football IQ. We had some exciting offenses but Golden would not touch the defense. So weird.

Pure stubbornness.

Definitely improvement is coming. 31 days and we get to evaluate progress with our own eyes.
You're assuming that we are actually going to have a season. Don't get me wrong I want very much to see my Canes play but things don't look too positive on that front. I would much rather be wrong on this one but I just don't see it happening.

You're assuming that we are actually going to have a season. Don't get me wrong I want very much to see my Canes play but things don't look too positive on that front. I would much rather be wrong on this one but I just don't see it happening.
I think ypur completely incorrect. Even the faje positive numbers are going down, acc is ready to roll, we're going on our 5th practice, etc... stop being a coward and live life using the proper precautions. Now when we start in a month "don't be a fan later." You yellow dogs want to attack things by running and hiding. That will never work.

Advertisement
I think ypur completely incorrect. Even the faje positive numbers are going down, acc is ready to roll, we're going on our 5th practice, etc... stop being a coward and live life using the proper precautions. Now when we start in a month "don't be a fan later." You yellow dogs want to attack things by running and hiding. That will never work.
Why in the **** would you take that post as a reason to attack me when I'm of the exact same mindset you are? Yellow dogs? LOL I mean I'm literally on your side I just have little faith in college football getting it right. You okay? Did you skip a dose?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back