Impact with red shirts

Gamineal

All-ACC
We all know Chocolate was ****ed into burning his RS

so who was red shirted that could help or will be that guy..

I will shut and listen

Advertisement
scott patchan. bar milo, there might be others those are 2 i can think of off top of head. even though with a good ol coach i think mcdermott will be a good lt.

Unfortunately, kids these days do not want to hear about redshirting.... Especially at the big universities, these kids have been told how amazing they are their entire lives, and you expect them to have the ability to have perspective and be ok with redshirting. And as a coach, you need to show kids they do have the ability to come in and play right away. Its a catch 22 really, because most kids truly do need the redshirt year.

Back on topic, I think the LB from Jersey will come out next year. We are thin at LB and he seems like an instinctual player. Gordinier, I think is his name. I also think Jahair Jones might just make the next step. He was highly regarded, but obviously needed more time.

Advertisement
Golden used early playing time as an advantage in his recruiting pitch and backed it up by playing true freshman. The problem that Al had is that a lot of his true freshman came in better than his veteran players. The staffs inability to develop players made this team rely on a lot of 18 year olds playing against 22 year olds on opposing team. Once our freshman become sophmores and older the worse they got which continued to allow a revolving door for freshman to play. Hard to win that way.

Kids want to leave after 3 years so redshirting them just cost you a year of playing time. Might help the kids but not the teams so much anymore. I would have like Chocolate to get a shirt. He had so much trouble getting in, the kid should have taken a year with more time to focus on books, grade, and credits, plus learning position. Burning him for a few plays was crime.

Advertisement
Kids want to leave after 3 years so redshirting them just cost you a year of playing time. Might help the kids but not the teams so much anymore. I would have like Chocolate to get a shirt. He had so much trouble getting in, the kid should have taken a year with more time to focus on books, grade, and credits, plus learning position. Burning him for a few plays was crime.

Agree it's a double edged sword. The better the program you have the more players that leave early.

However for the team, Leaving a year early cannot be a reason to not redshirt. If they aren't ready to play effectively then they shouldn't be in there and need the extra year to learn and get ready physically.

Agree it's a double edged sword. The better the program you have the more players that leave early.

However for the team, Leaving a year early cannot be a reason to not redshirt. If they aren't ready to play effectively then they shouldn't be in there and need the extra year to learn and get ready physically.

Golden burned a lot of them on special teams

I swore i saw st louis on special teams for the bowl game. If im not mistaken that means your redshirt is burned.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Was OT St.Louis redshirted this past season?

No.

He played just about every game.....as an upback. Smh
I thought he was redshirted. Kehoe included him in a batch of redshirt linemen the other day. Called him and Milo LT candidates for next year.
Can someone confirm?

He did not RS. He played too far into the season. If kehoe said that, then he's an even bigger moron than I thought. Maybe you misheard?

If recruiting picks up under Richt, which I think we all expect it to, then we should be upgrading any position where a player isn't talented enough to leave early anyway, so these recent burns shouldn't matter 3 years from now when you would expect those players to contribute as 5th year seniors. Additionally, I can't think of a senior on this team that we would want playing next year who also wasn't good enough to play as a freshman.

As for people complaining about burning Gray's shirt, do you not expect Richt to bring in a bunch of stud backs over the next few years? I just think that there are very few players that become contributors in their 5th year that wouldn't be passed up by more talented underclassmen.

Was OT St.Louis redshirted this past season?

No.

He played just about every game.....as an upback. Smh
I thought he was redshirted. Kehoe included him in a batch of redshirt linemen the other day. Called him and Milo LT candidates for next year.
Can someone confirm?

He did not RS. He played too far into the season. If kehoe said that, then he's an even bigger moron than I thought. Maybe you misheard?
He just lumped him into the group of OL who looked ready to step up, along with some RS guys like Milo.

Oh, I agree. I prefer we redshirt kids. If they are ready to play, I understand putting them out there but hate for it to be for a couple dozen plays.

Advertisement
Back