Impact of losing Fisch on this year's class

Bennubird

Senior
I have not seen where we've had a substantive discussion on the impact on this year's offensive class of losing Fisch.

From my vantage point, I am guessing that Dobard and Gall will remain firm commitments. I think Kehoe is on Kirkland and in the end the chance to play near his folks at the school he grew up pulling for will win him over.

Collins concerns me. I thought going into this weekend, we would solidify his coming here - even if he did not re-commit during the visit. I'm not so sure now mainly because Collins himself has been so uncertain do in part to all of the moving pieces. Until Fisch left we did not have any moving pieces that potentially impacted him. Does his level of interest in Arkansas go up now? We've got to assume that as long as we don't have an OC Arkansas will use that against us. Is Golden able to convince Collins to be a Cane in spite of Fisch's untimely exit?

And how do you feel this impacts our chances with Dobard, Gall, and Kirkland?

I imagine Peter will have some information up later that gives us some indication of what recruits are thinking about Fisch's departure. What are your preliminary thoughts on the implications of Fisch's leaving on this class?

Advertisement
none.

The biggerst impact it will have is on QB's for 2014. Fisch was Mahalak's main recruiter.

It really depends on.....If AG can bring in someone that like the OC from Duke then I think the impact will not be as significant.

I could see Collins maybe holding off until we hire an OC but honestly if his decision was hinging on FIsch, then I don't think he would have been a Cane in the first place.

If Olsen doesn't care, then I don't see why Collins would really care either.

I think it has a bigger impact on Stacey coley. Lost his main rec and position coach and now the guy setting up an offense he perhaps saw a nice fit left. And this happened while he was in trailerhassee. Hope I'm wrong, kid is a serious talent.

Advertisement
I do not think it will have too much of an impact. If he would have jumped ship for another college job maybe...but he took a job that is only available to 32 people in the world. Recruits know you can't hate on a guy for that.

I don't see how it has a negative affect on Collins. Fisch liked to throw the ball around and seemed to favor the pass.

Advertisement
Collins' recruitment isn't the same as Olsens though JHC. You know that - Olsen has been solid to us and has a brother who played here and was already planning on redshirting. I see what you're saying, and I hope you're right, but I'm still not convinced that Fisch's leaving won't impact Collins. Like I said, as long as we don't have an OC, that is fodder for his other suitors. Again, we should be getting a better idea where we stand as the day winds down and Peter starts posting the reactions of the visitors.

I could see Collins maybe holding off until we hire an OC but honestly if his decision was hinging on FIsch, then I don't think he would have been a Cane in the first place.

If Olsen doesn't care, then I don't see why Collins would really care either.

Hasena75 it's just the fact that it's late in the recruiting cycle and what was a known quantity is now an uncertainty. If this happened to another program we would be all over it as an advantage to us.

I don't see how it has a negative affect on Collins. Fisch liked to throw the ball around and seemed to favor the pass.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back