Impact of indoor practiSe facility

DontCareJustWin

Freshman
I know over the years we have missed a ton of practice time because of bad weather. Does anyone know the amount of practice time we would usually lose out on during fall camp because of bad weather? If it was only a couple of hours then ok no biggie.But if it added up to multiple days i could see that really helping our young guys get ready for the season. Having the IPF could really pay off big time in the develepoment of the team more so than i initially thought.

GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
AAC04CB0-736B-4FB2-91F5-92CBB0835C14.gif

I know over the years we have missed a ton of practice time because of bad weather. Does anyone know the amount of practice time we would usually lose out on during fall camp because of bad weather? If it was only a couple of hours then ok no biggie.But if it added up to multiple days i could see that really helping our young guys get ready for the season. Having the IPF could really pay off big time in the develepoment of the team more so than i initially thought.

GO CANES!!!

#GoCanes

We would lose alot of days.. esp if we practiced in afternoon.. thats most times we did early morning practices.. while most teams practice in afternoons.. to avoid afternoon showers is a part of that

Advertisement
I don’t know the exact number but I recall Golden and Richt sometimes they would lose 1-2 practices a week. Or had to go inside the gym and essentially do a walkthrough with sneakers on.

The facility is beautiful and we desperately needed it for none other then continuing practice.

Advertisement
I would guess over the course of fall camp we would have lost a couple full days practice each year. That is a lot. That IPF is huge for us. Thanks to all who donated towards it. Y'all made it happen.

OP IS A DADGUM GENIUS!
not one thing he mentioned has ever crossed the mind of anyone on this board. Now, all y'all be honest. This OP Cat is on another level entirely. Call the coaches, the AD, or whoever, and tell them they need to sit down with this particular OP and pick his DADGUM brain.! NO ****! I'M SERIOUS.

OP IS A DADGUM GENIUS!
not one thing he mentioned has ever crossed the mind of anyone on this board. Now, all y'all be honest. This OP Cat is on another level entirely. Call the coaches, the AD, or whoever, and tell them they need to sit down with this particular OP and pick his DADGUM brain.! NO ****! I'M SERIOUS.
Oh my god. I'm in tears, coughing and trying to catch my breath from laughing so hard.

Post of the day!

Advertisement
Oh my god. I'm in tears, coughing and trying to catch my breath from laughing so hard.

Post of the day!

I'll be here all season my brother.
Never post while drunk or chowing down after a bowl.
I'll let you choose the bowl

I think one year they said it was over 20 full practices. That’s a fck ton. I heard even the players complained about it. Some have said it was a huge recruiting blow as well. Word gets around. It effects everything including development and assessment.
They can’t even go workout at a public park. They all have the same warning system and don’t let people on the fields.

Advertisement
I think one year they said it was over 20 full practices. That’s a fck ton. I heard even the players complained about it. Some have said it was a huge recruiting blow as well. Word gets around. It effects everything including development and assessment.
They can’t even go workout at a public park. They all have the same warning system and don’t let people on the fields.
20 practices!!!! **** i could only imagine Enos trying to install new system having to miss 20 practices.

20 practices!!!! **** i could only imagine Enos trying to install new system having to miss 20 practices.
It included all phases from summer to fall and the season. If my memory recall isn’t too fuzzy I think the exact number one year was actually 24 for the 12 month period. I just can’t remember what year it was. I’m pretty sure it was during the golden years though.

It’s been raining all week. Imagine trying to get ready for the gates without the IPF.
A lot of people thought that was just a “keep up with the neighbors” type of thing but it’s a lot more than that.

Advertisement
Back