Band
Banned
Waters
Burgess
Hollifield
Northrup
Jean-Louis
one of Jake O'Donell/Jontavious Carter

none of these guys will sign with Miami. No inside sources, but that's the vibe i'm getting....Its just a matter of time.

Advertisement
Jean Louis is prep...so, he may or may not sign, but its prep at the very least.

The good news is that some of these guys seem to be 'dade divas' in the mold of Jacory Harris. This could be a blessing in disguise to be completely honest.

Advertisement
Waters dont think so
Burgess think so
Hollifield dont think so, havent really recruited many other TEs
Northrup dont think so, he'd better decided quickly because he's an EE
Jean-Louis maybe prep
one of Jake O'Donell/Jontavious Carter No reason to believe that either of them will bolt. No smoke with either of these guys

none of these guys will sign with Miami. No inside sources, but that's the vibe i'm getting....Its just a matter of time.

IMO

There are definitely some kids that are commits and have been committed for a while now that won't sign with UM in February.

The coaching staff is evaluating and offering a lot of kids and it's not like we can give out 85 ships in one year. I agree with the OP. Some guys won't be here, probably some from his list (Holifield, Burgess, Waters) maybe others. Should be quite a ride from now till Feb 1st.

Advertisement
Visiting this weekend.
AG spoke to him to set up an in-house visit. Expect multiple coaches to be there.

:stormwarning:

Why wouldnt Holifield sign? Would it be our decision or coaches? Because the kid never played and I doubt he has many other options...

I disagree on most of those. Unless you have inside info, everything I have read and heard is that most of those are Canes.

Advertisement
There are definitely some kids that are commits and have been committed for a while now that won't sign with UM in February.

The coaching staff is evaluating and offering a lot of kids and it's not like we can give out 85 ships in one year. I agree with the OP. Some guys won't be here, probably some from his list (Holifield, Burgess, Waters) maybe others. Should be quite a ride from now till Feb 1st.

Per Canesport:

At the same time Northrup says he continues to consider a couple of programs along with UM: North Carolina and Arkansas.

Asked how close those two schools are with UM, Northrup said, "Close."

Advertisement
Here is why I believe we won't sign a few guys.

In Mr. Hollifield's case coaches jumped on him early, Holifield did not have a productive senior season due to injury or whatever.

I believe we locked him up early and continued to find someone better than him. Once we can get a verbal from a guy they think can take Holifield's place then the coaches may decide to cut ties and slowly push them towards another program.

Kids do it to programs all the time. Kids will accept their best offer early in the process. He will then proceed to blow up at camps or during the season and usually dump "said school he committed to first" for a bigger program.

Why the **** can't we do it to them before they do it to us? If it's done with tact, the fallout from H.S.'s and H.S. coaches won't be that bad.

Waters, it's just my opinion but I think the coaches are getting tired of his "diva" act. Maybe he's playing the game, maybe he's already been told that we are looking around and not to count on having a scholly on NSD, but his act is getting pretty tired.

I believe there are a few guys that we locked up early to see how they would shake out and to have them in the fold. Once we find better guys (guys the coaches deem as better) the coaches will probably cut ties with the original commit in a tactful manner (we hope).

This is why when we were accepting all these kids in the summer there were people telling you, just relax, enjoy the ride and let it all shake out. We will know in about 6 weeks how genius (or not) our coaching staff is at this recruiting jazz.

We heard a lot of the same stuff from Chick and Perryman last year when they took visits, and weren't sure if they would come.

Just let these kids go through the process.

Ive been screaming at people for years now to stop obsessing over recruiting kids a year or more out. It hilarious to read guys in threads going on and on about kids for 2013 who are Soph or Juniors in HS etc... every year the same **** happens, and people never learn. Dont count ANYTHING until NLOID...... I dont start really paying attention to recruiting until the season ends. That is when kids get serious, and when things start to happen. All this early commit stuff means nothing. Things change, change, and then change again throughout the season right up until NLOID.

The important thing for a staff is to be HIGHLY organized and have a plan B, C, D, E and F for every position. For the first time in over a decade, we have a staff that seems very organized and competent in this department and doesnt look like it will get blindsided and leave us with giant holes in our roster.

I'm tired of sweating out this 'play the game' ****. At this point if nothing else, the staff has shown to be incredibly hard workers, I say let them work and let the ones that want to work for a championship sign with us, **** the rest.

Advertisement
Back