IMO, sanctions will come down before signing day

sigmar

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
As a Conspiracy Theorist, I believe the NCAA as well as the national press will do what the can to run our program over. That being said, what is the #1 thing that would hurt us at this time, loss of scholarships for this up coming class. The class that will be the foundation for our future. The only way to derail the size of the class, is to take scholies away before signing day and leave us short handed in a big way for years to come. Taking scholies away next year and the year after with the foundation in place will not hurt near as bad as doing now while we are short handed. Maybe it is just me but I just get that ugly feeling....
My further personal opinion is that if all they have is what we have heard about then our sanctions should be just about done, except maybe for a probationary year, I don't think we have risen to the level of scholarship removal (let's separate fact from allegation). Does the NCAA have anything but Shapiro in their investigation?? Didn't have much regarding Jones and once he got a lawyer they folded their tent. BUT as Joe Rose said on his show yesterday he thinks we will get hammered big time because the national press has been on this in such a big way.
So for all of you that what sanctions to come sooner rather than later, I'd rather wait until after the first Wednesday in February, thank you.

GEE, DO YOU THINK I'M PARANOID??

Advertisement
I think the sanctions will come down any day now.. With our Basketball player being magically declared eligible and OSU's sanctions handed out, we should know very soon...

I know we need the bodies this year, but the sooner we know, the sooner we can move on and get past this as a program.

We can appeal, take all the LOI's we want, then have the penalties hit the following class once we lose the appeal months later. USC did it fully expecting to lose the appeal, and just to get that big class in. We'll do the same, if it comes to it.

Brilliant move by Kiffin & Co.

Advertisement
As a Conspiracy Theorist, I believe the NCAA as well as the national press will do what the can to run our program over. That being said, what is the #1 thing that would hurt us at this time, loss of scholarships for this up coming class. The class that will be the foundation for our future. The only way to derail the size of the class, is to take scholies away before signing day and leave us short handed in a big way for years to come. Taking scholies away next year and the year after with the foundation in place will not hurt near as bad as doing now while we are short handed. Maybe it is just me but I just get that ugly feeling....
My further personal opinion is that if all they have is what we have heard about then our sanctions should be just about done, except maybe for a probationary year, I don't think we have risen to the level of scholarship removal (let's separate fact from allegation). Does the NCAA have anything but Shapiro in their investigation?? Didn't have much regarding Jones and once he got a lawyer they folded their tent. BUT as Joe Rose said on his show yesterday he thinks we will get hammered big time because the national press has been on this in such a big way.
So for all of you that what sanctions to come sooner rather than later, I'd rather wait until after the first Wednesday in February, thank you.

It is impossible to get sanctions before National Signing Day.

The investigation of the Shapiro claims is not complete (and no, the NCAA has not "folded its tent" on DeQuan, they are still investigating).

We haven't even received our NoA yet.

We then have 90 days to respond to the NoA.

We haven't even had our hearing scheduled yet.

It takes some time after the hearing until we finally receive our sanctions.

I don't even think we are going to get the NoA itself until after NSD, based upon the fact that they are still investigating. They spoke to several coaches recently. Very recently. They are still digging on DeQuan. They were hopeful to get some info from the Bankruptcy case but were stonewalled.

The best development is that a lot of the NCAA's witnesses...just turned pro. Whoops.

We are at least 6 months away

Exactly. I think the investigation/NoA phase might wrap up in 3 months, and then the response/hearing/decision phase could take another 3 months. That would put the total time from opening the investigation through the conclusion at about 1.5 years.

Which is in line with what the NCAA wants to do (both recently and going forward).

Advertisement
If UM could get an official ruling from the NCAA in as little as 6 months, they should be thankful.

Later than 6 months would not surprise.

Let's get it over with already.....the waiting is greater torture than the sanctions themselves.

what a douche... this guy literally has no idea what hes talking about

I hate every time i see the number 72.. its sooooooooooo inaccurate

The best development is that a lot of the NCAA's witnesses...just turned pro. Whoops.

Interesting. Sounds like all these borderline players leaving could possibly help us with the sanctions?

Advertisement
what a douche... this guy literally has no idea what hes talking about

I hate every time i see the number 72.. its sooooooooooo inaccurate

I agree on the 72. The NCAA probably went to all former Canes and got a "No Comment". What interest does anyone have in telling the NCAA anything if they are no longer associated with them. Ty Moss is the only one that has, and he has changed his story publically so many times, I doubt the NCAA would even take anything he has said as credible at this point.

The only ones that have any skin in the game is those still associated with NCAA (coaches and players), so that 72 number and anything Yahoo reported are basically useless to the NCAA except a starting point to try and ask questions.

Even the NCAA said it themselves in the OSU report, if more people would have cooperated, the scope may have been much larger. Why would anyone cooperate if they are not associated any more, even if it was the right thing to do. It would do nothing but harm their interests (which is stupid).

other than RRA awho else on our roster was involved? i believe hes the only one left

Exactly. So long as there is nothing "previously unreported" that might surface, this could be a good thing. In the past, the NCAA has liked to call back witnesses a few times, to see if they had any inconsistencies in their statements, or just to shake anything out. I remember seeing some comments made by a former NCAA investigator, and he indicated that witnesses tended to tell more truth the more times you could get them under interrogation.

Now that a bunch of the older guys are gone, the NCAA doesn't have anyone left to question except Ray Ray.

Most of the players that left recently already told what they knew. I don't see any of them getting questioned again, they already spilled what beans they knew (expect AJ), and that is the suspensions they got handed down. The others that were already gone before the season, they probably told the NCAA to pack sand, as they should have done.

Advertisement

It is impossible to get sanctions before National Signing Day.

The investigation of the Shapiro claims is not complete (and no, the NCAA has not "folded its tent" on DeQuan, they are still investigating).

We haven't even received our NoA yet.

We then have 90 days to respond to the NoA.

We haven't even had our hearing scheduled yet.

It takes some time after the hearing until we finally receive our sanctions.

I don't even think we are going to get the NoA itself until after NSD, based upon the fact that they are still investigating. They spoke to several coaches recently. Very recently. They are still digging on DeQuan. They were hopeful to get some info from the Bankruptcy case but were stonewalled.

Charles Robinson?

other than RRA awho else on our roster was involved? i believe hes the only one left

Exactly. So long as there is nothing "previously unreported" that might surface, this could be a good thing. In the past, the NCAA has liked to call back witnesses a few times, to see if they had any inconsistencies in their statements, or just to shake anything out. I remember seeing some comments made by a former NCAA investigator, and he indicated that witnesses tended to tell more truth the more times you could get them under interrogation.

Now that a bunch of the older guys are gone, the NCAA doesn't have anyone left to question except Ray Ray.

And Dyron?

Thank you for giving me the time table, it has sent my paranoid mind at ease for the short term. i read where the attorney hiring had nothing to do with the release finding on Jones from someone who I respect with knowledge of the situation BUT the proximity just is too much for my feeble brain
No Joe Rose isn't an authority, and he is getting more off the wall then usual but I think he has the pulse of the media more than I do.

Advertisement
Back