2025 IMG Key Recruit Tracker [2025 Edition]

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
We whiffed on our IMG targets in the 24 cycle after a tremendous IMG contingent in the 23 cycle. Doesn't appear like we've prioritized too many this cycle so far.

RecruitPositionStarsPriorityVisitsOVCollege
Donovan JohnsonRB4*
Donovan OlugbodeWR3*1
Kaden StrayhornOL?1
London MerrittDE/Edge4*1
Nathaniel Owusu-Boateng (Wu-Su)LB4*3
Gavin NixLB4*YES2
Parker MeeseLB4*1
Anthony RogersATH4*

RecruitPositionStarsPriorityVisitsOVCollege
Ksani JilesCBYES?2Miami
Breck KolojayOL
Nivre CarrOL1
Keenyi PepeOTYES1
Preston CareyDT1
Amari JonesS4*
Zechariah "Zech" FortS5*

Last edited:
Advertisement
Whiffed is a strong term.

Yes, we really wanted Robinson and Stone, but if you go after the top 5 kids at any position group, you're doing well getting 1 and you're either Smart or Saban's Bama getting 2. We covered our bases with DT. We didn't cover our bases at CB, and now we have an open coaching spot. ... Jayden Jackson we "wanted" but it always felt that was a package deal to get Stone.

Are any of these guys in Robinson and Stone's league? Those guys were top 20 in the nation across all positions. I haven't gotten into the 2025 class enough to have a personal opinion.

Yes, we really wanted Robinson and Stone, but if you go after the top 5 kids at any position group, you're doing well getting 1 and you're either Smart or Saban's Bama getting 2. We covered our bases with DT. We didn't cover our bases at CB, and now we have an open coaching spot. ... Jayden Jackson we "wanted" but it always felt that was a package deal to get Stone.

Are any of these guys in Robinson and Stone's league? Those guys were top 20 in the nation across all positions. I haven't gotten into the 2025 class enough to have a personal opinion.
We went after the right corner though at least the evals on point. Got to keep getting the best out of HS

Advertisement
is it me or has the talent dropped a bit at IMG? They have lots of good players but not dominant like before
IMG changed some of their transfer rules this past year which led to some kids not enrolling after announcing or looking at a possible transfer.

Nitro Tuggle, 4* UGA WR signee was supposed to go to IMG for 2023 and ended up staying in IN. (below is part of his note saying he'd stay home.)

Deyvid Palepale, 3* Michigan DL signee, also announced an IMG transfer then stayed in PA.

Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 12.13.33 PM.png

Whiffed is the correct term.

Look at this table and tell me its not a whiff. In the end, I think Stone and ER4 were priorities. But some of these guys were takes.

RecruitPositionStarsVisitsOVCollege
Jerrick GibsonRB5*2June 9Texas
Jerrae "Tank" HawkinsWR4*2June 2Gators
Brandon WintonWRUSF
Jimothy LewisOT4*Mississippi State
Jordan SeatonOT4*1Colorado
Ernest WillorEdge4*Wisconsin
TJ LindseyDE/Edge3*2Auburn
David StoneDT5*3June 9OK
Jayden JacksonDT4*2July 13OK
Ellis Robinson IVCB5*2June 9UGA
Jordon Johnson RubellSTexas
Jaydan Hardy*S4*OK
Jonathan EcholsATH4*1July 4, 2022Vols

Last edited:
I haven't gotten into the 2025 class enough to have a personal opinion.

Based on @DMoney 's comments, sounds like Nix might be the only priority this cycle from IMG and I get the impression there might be multiple guys on the LB board higher than him in the initial eval.

Advertisement
IMG changed some of their transfer rules this past year which led to some kids not enrolling after announcing or looking at a possible transfer.

Nitro Tuggle, 4* UGA WR signee was supposed to go to IMG for 2023 and ended up staying in IN. (below is part of his note saying he'd stay home.)

Deyvid Palepale, 3* Michigan DL signee, also announced an IMG transfer then stayed in PA.

View attachment 282095
**** IMG possibly caught the Gator, might be no known cure this very day.

What ever happened to that enormous Aussie that was at IMG?

Look at this table and tell me its not a whiff. In the end, I think Stone and ER4 were priorities. But some of these guys were takes.

RecruitPositionStarsVisitsOVCollege
Jerrick GibsonRB5*2June 9Texas
Jerrae "Tank" HawkinsWR4*2June 2Gators
Brandon WintonWR
Jimothy LewisOT4*
Jordan SeatonOT4*1Colorado
Ernest WillorEdge4*Wisconsin
TJ LindseyDE/Edge3*2Auburn
David StoneDT5*3June 9OK
Jayden JacksonDT4*2July 13OK
Ellis Robinson IVCB5*2June 9UGA
Jordon Johnson RubellS
Jaydan Hardy*S4*OK
Jonathan EcholsATH4*1July 4, 2022Vols

2 priorities, that's really it. There are a lot of takes out there. Stone and Robinson were the prizes. We replaced Stone. We didn't with Robinson.

Advertisement
2 priorities, that's really it. There are a lot of takes out there. Stone and Robinson were the prizes. We replaced Stone. We didn't with Robinson.
Just say you don't understand what the word means vs crying over how harsh it sounds. Getting a replacement has 0 bearing on this thread.

Just say you don't understand what the word means vs crying over how harsh it sounds. Getting a replacement has 0 bearing on this thread.

Just say you don't have a clue what a pipeline means vs waking up in a douchey Eeyore mood.

Just say you don't have a clue what a pipeline means vs waking up in a douchey Eeyore mood.
You brought players that don't attend IMG into a discussion about IMG. That was stupid, just move along and accept where you ****ed up. The statement was not "we whiffed at DT." It was specific to targets at one school. If that is too mean for you just close the thread.

Advertisement
I sent know why this is so hard for you to understand. If I have a board of 5 top guys at DL and I get 2 of them I didn’t whiff. It’s about who I got. And Scott and Jones disprove the idea Mario whiffed on Stone and Jackson.

I’ll concede Robinson as a whiff because we had no backups of his caliber. But the mistake was in putting all our eggs is one basket. Even the best of the best only land a third or fourth of the kids they want.

Advertisement
Back