IMG Academy OL wins MVP award, talks recruiting

Listen signing day is almost 12 months away and i don’t think Miami will give up and when’s its all said and done I hope he’s a Cane. The kid wants to start right away, that’s why he went to IMG to get in the weight program. Dontae is a great kid and mom is a huge canes fan, that being said she will let him make the decision and her being a fan will make zero difference. She wants her some to be successful work on getting a degree and getting paid in the NFL. Right now the kid LOVES FSU; he loves the opportunity to play early and has a VERY close relationship with Telly Lockett. He disliked Clint Trickett at FSU and now that he’s gone, nothing is holding him back. He will be visiting FSU shortly and honestly I can see him committing. He has a good support system who wants what’s best for him so if he doesn’t commit he was talked out of it for a few reasons.
PLEASE don’t get your hopes up because more than likely we will have another PS2 Campbell situation. Pete was off on this one and the kid just gives what the reporters want to hear.

This will be a FSU, Miami, Florida, Bama and SEC battle.

The one thing “in my opinion” that could help Miami is that he’s never been away from home so maybe he will get homesick at IMG and that’s may change his view, but this is our only real hope.

Advertisement
Someone needs to negative recruit FSU to him. They have nothing to offer. Point out that Willie has never sent an OL to the NFL (idk if that is even true, but probably, or won a bowl game). Maybe after we bludgeon them at home he will reconsider.

Advertisement
Listen signing day is almost 12 months away and i don’t think Miami will give up and when’s its all said and done I hope he’s a Cane. The kid wants to start right away, that’s why he went to IMG to get in the weight program. Dontae is a great kid and mom is a huge canes fan, that being said she will let him make the decision and her being a fan will make zero difference. She wants her some to be successful work on getting a degree and getting paid in the NFL. Right now the kid LOVES FSU; he loves the opportunity to play early and has a VERY close relationship with Telly Lockett. He disliked Clint Trickett at FSU and now that he’s gone, nothing is holding him back. He will be visiting FSU shortly and honestly I can see him committing. He has a good support system who wants what’s best for him so if he doesn’t commit he was talked out of it for a few reasons.
PLEASE don’t get your hopes up because more than likely we will have another PS2 Campbell situation. Pete was off on this one and the kid just gives what the reporters want to hear.

This will be a FSU, Miami, Florida, Bama and SEC battle.

The one thing “in my opinion” that could help Miami is that he’s never been away from home so maybe he will get homesick at IMG and that’s may change his view, but this is our only real hope.

Any reason he hasn't committed to them yet?

Some in his camp have the thought that if you commit to a school, it’s a commitment and that’s means not taking any other visits (called the Lingard). Now this is advice being given to the kid it doesn’t mean he will listen. I think he’s waiting to visit FSU before he does it but I also don’t believe he is ready to shut down visits so we will see who wins out.

He will be visiting FSU in a week or so. Time will tell.

Just don’t view him as a lock or anything close to it because you’re setting yourself up for disappointment. Treat it like we are the underdog and will fight till the end and who knows what will happen.

Last edited:

He has some real good people in his camp who are of the mentality that if you commit it’s a forever commit (like Lingard) and to not take anymore visits. I don’t think he’s in the mindset not to take anymore visits but he will be visiting FSU in the next week or two so it would not shock me if He doesn’t listen to that advice and commits.

But he will take visits, but commit could happen shortly. I think he’s waiting to get onto FSU campus before doing so.

I put in my prediction of him going to Bama a few days ago.

I don't care who he commits to. Just wait until November - December when he begins posting Bama/SEC **** on twitter and signs there on NSD1 up a new challanger and rent free apartment.

Advertisement
this one is going to come down to signing day # 2 this year. hopefully he doesn't string the staff along, seems like the type to go with whoever is giving him attention at the time imo

Advertisement
All I want is Darnel Wright, Evan Neal and Kingsley. Just hope the last two additions are solid.

Yup...The home runs Wright/Neal. The solid road grader Kingsley. And hold on to the big upside tackle prospect Cunningham. Fill in a 5th with a local kid, another Georgia kid, whatever.

Advertisement
You wanna win titles. These are the guys you better sway.

We need to land the best of the best in the trenches.

Guys can cream themselves over WR/CB.

I will get excited over the real skill positions in the trenches.

Just learned mom is coming with him on the visit this weekend so I’m going to up my commitment prediction.

Reminds me of a shorter Freeman Brown. I don’t get the massive hype everyone is throwing on him.

Might have peaked physically at 14.

Advertisement
Back