I'm watching you Coley.....

frostycane

Junior
I know that everyone wants to **** on the D. And rightfully so. However, C.Coley if you can't get more than 17 points against GT then your ******* terrible in my eyes. That team blew. And again, was one of the worst called games I have seen. You are 99th in the nation in rushing with what is regarded as the best back in the conference. That is pathetic. You suck at 3rd and short for the second year in a row. Your play calling is pathetic. CFB is an OFFENSIVE game. If you have a great offense you can win a majority of your games. Look at Oregon, Baylor, OSU, heck even Arizona right now. These teams are average defensively, but their offenses are great. This offense should be great. With even a little bit of creativity, you should be averaging 35 a game with the players on this team.

If you look at our most explosive players, and I mean guys who look different when they get the ball. Waters, every time he touches the ball good things happen. Duke, should be averaging 20 carries a game and still be returning kicks. Can we throw Coley and out? or a crossing route? Kid was impressive last year, but all SColey has done is used him on plays where he scored last year, screens and god. But the kid did a good job on comebacks, outs, crosses. USE him. And, I am 100% sure PD can do something other than run straight up the field, get creative and get these kids space to RUN!

Can you please teach Kaaya how to use the whole field? No one wants to criticize the kid, but he is staring guys down like a ************! Especially on his passes across the middle. You can't stare at one hash and the throw it to the other, you need to look a safety off to the other side of the field, not 6 yards away.. I mean its nice to see us using the middle, but now we don't use the sidelines at all. How about a back shoulder throw? Or a fade down the sidelines to Herb of Coley. PD is doing a nice job in traffic this season as well. But we consistently are using Walford, who gets tackled as soon as he catches the ball because he was stared at for five yards prior to the throw. That is coaching. We saw that improvement under Fisch.

Do we seriously even want to discuss the run game? I mean how many 3rd and 4 or less are we going to keep passing. ****, we pass on both downs when its 4 down territory. The play action is a complete joke. NO ONE in the ******* COUNTRY thinks Kaaya is going to keep it so stop doing play action on third and 7 from the GUN! When a team needs a few yards they give it to their best player, and for whatever reason Coley thinks that is our qb. He did it last yr with Morris and he is doing it this year with Duke. If Duke was at a school like Cincy, he would be leading the nation in touches, yards, and probably touchdowns. Could you imagine him at a GT? Or Alabama, like momma wanted, they use their best players and they do not hold them back. We are always using guys as if we are planning for the future. its like this never ending process of developing the next guy. Eventually, you have guys that are good enough to win with and you keep using them until you are crushing a team, and THEN you get the back ups reps.

Just as the D seems to occasionally have a good game inspire of Coach D. Our offense is mediocre and its only that far in spite of the play calling. I would go a far as to say I would fire BOTH coordinators after the season. Because even if we brought in Saban to run this D, the O would find a way to lose it. If you just look at the drives, especially the important ones where we need a long possession or a TD, they are pathetic.

So while everyone else is watching AG and DO, I will be keeping my eye on you Coley. I do not think you have what it takes but your getting a free pass...... The light will be on you soon enough...

Advertisement
I agree with you however, we only had 7 drives!!! I am not counting the 8th drive which was before halftime and we ran out the clock. We scored 3 times and turned it over in the redzone twice. I was intoxicated so my memory may be slightly off... If the other team has the ball 41 mins, there's only so much your offense can do. IMO the offense has improved since the start of the season. One change I would do though is way less ******* bubble screens.

Is Coley the next coming of Bill Walsh probably not. However, the O was good enough to beat Nebraska even-though they punted once. Against GT the O ran 44 plays. It is not fair that a true freshman carry the team. I have seen more out of Coley in a year and half than 4 years of Doritos. This D can't force punts or TOs.

I agree with you however, we only had 7 drives!!! I am not counting the 8th drive which was before halftime and we ran out the clock. We scored 3 times and turned it over in the redzone twice. I was intoxicated so my memory may be slightly off... If the other team has the ball 41 mins, there's only so much your offense can do. IMO the offense has improved since the start of the season. One change I would do though is way less ****ing bubble screens.

extremely valuable recruiter, not an OC though at a major d1 school. But, need to keep him on staff for recruiting.

Advertisement
I agree, Coley is as bad as Dorito. They were awful last year against any team with a pulse.

Is Coley the next coming of Bill Walsh probably not. However, the O was good enough to beat Nebraska even-though they punted once. Against GT the O ran 44 plays. It is not fair that a true freshman carry the team. I have seen more out of Coley in a year and half than 4 years of Doritos. This D can't force punts or TOs.

My problem with Coley is he overthinks when trying to call plays. He seems to always throw on "running" downs because the opponent thinks we are going to run in an attempt to "fool" them. In the GT game, with Duke running for 7-8 yds every time he got the ball....just give him the **** ball. We had multiple drives stall because of 1st down incompletions. GT showed zero ability to stop Duke or Yearby, so just give it to Duke or Yearby until they show they can stop them.

Did you not see the lack of ToP we had? Our O didn't have a chance to get on the field. Only person to blame for the GT game is Dorito, his "scheme", and Golden for jerking it to the scheme every night when he has a fine *** wife he can attend to.

Did you not see the lack of ToP we had? Our O didn't have a chance to get on the field. Only person to blame for the GT game is Dorito, his "scheme", and Golden for jerking it to the scheme every night when he has a fine *** wife he can attend to.
Yes, the defense did play like crap. But our offense was only stopped by our offense in that game. GT never did anything to stop us. 1st down incompletions putting us behind the chains, some dumb penalites, and interceptions are what stopped us. Had we kept feeding the ball to the RBs on our drives, we probably would have scored on ever drive.

Advertisement
Yes, the defense did play like crap. But our offense was only stopped by our offense in that game. GT never did anything to stop us. 1st down incompletions putting us behind the chains, some dumb penalites, and interceptions are what stopped us. Had we kept feeding the ball to the RBs on our drives, we probably would have scored on ever drive.

Yup.

99th in the nation in rushing but top 20 in yards per carry, this guy is a phucking moron...

We have a bunch of wanna be college coaches trying to be nfl with their schemes and philosophies, apples and oranges

Advertisement
Pretty sure we lost the T.O.P. battle because we conceded 6 yards on the FB dive on every play and refused to cover the pitch man.

Yep. Last 5 drives for the offense (score was 14-14):
Interception
End of half
Field Goal
Punt
Interception

Duke only had 8 carries for about 30 yards but had 3 rec. for 52 in that span.

Coaching sucks all around, but offense is the least of our worries.

Advertisement
For me he gets a one year reprieve cause without him, we don't have Kayaa. And at least there are some signs of evolving. D'onfrio is a cromag evolution wise.

We run too much shotgun. Good play callers have a feel for THAT game. Just like our defense, we just seem to come out with the same plan, no matter who we play. Just call plays to call them. IMO we should be running more power O with Tucker at fulllback. It seems our only plan is trying to get every receiver 1 catch every game.

We run too much shotgun. Good play callers have a feel for THAT game. Just like our defense, we just seem to come out with the same plan, no matter who we play. Just call plays to call them. IMO we should be running more power O with Tucker at fulllback. It seems our only plan is trying to get every receiver 1 catch every game.

Have you seen our ability to block in power sets? Its awful and has been for the last 3 years.

Advertisement
Back