I'm a little disappointed that we shortened the game.

Advertisement
I hate out fan base sometimes.

I often dislike the new breed of Cane fan that cares about class and sportsmanship. The everyone gets a trophy generation, I guess.

New breed? I've been going to games since I was in diapers and I'm 30 years old. You're an idiot, having mercy on a high school team and having class is NOTHING to be ashamed about. Too bad you're too stupid to ever realize it.

I hate out fan base sometimes.

I often dislike the new breed of Cane fan that cares about class and sportsmanship. The everyone gets a trophy generation, I guess.

New breed? I've been going to games since I was in diapers and I'm 30 years old. You're an idiot, having mercy on a high school team and having class is NOTHING to be ashamed about. Too bad you're too stupid to ever realize it.

I didn't say there was anything to be ashamed about. I just don't care for it. I wasn't born with the sportsmanship gene apparently.

Advertisement
I booed and was extremely unhappy, to the point I considered writing letters to people in the athletic department. I don't care if the slop sentiment is the other way.

When you schedule a team like this you understand the possibilities so you should be prepared for how to deal with it, within the normal brackets of 60 minutes, and not make asinine disgraceful adjustments along the way, like your quarterback standing on the sideline until 5 seconds remain on the play clock, or that same quarterback all but colliding with the fullback on multiple occasions, to intentionally disrupt any possibility of a successful play.

I've attended Canes games since the late '60s and the final minutes of that game on Saturday night were the only time it felt like a farce. There was no reason for it. I've watched dozens of games with massive spreads. You line up and run off tackle. That would have satisfied everyone. Nobody could accuse you of running up the score or not being respectful to the opponent. We were situationally unprepared and there was no excuse for it.

I paid for full parking and a full 60 minutes. That bag they sent in the mail last week doesn't make up for a mangled fourth quarter. It was so disgusting I actually checked out the concession stands for the first time in history. Luckily the prices were so laughable that nothing tempted me. The Dolphins new GM was known for slashing the food prices and severely upgrading the restaurants and concessions with the Padres so perhaps he'll be allowed similar leeway here.

BTW, the game was shortened to 57 minutes so betting still counted. A football game has to go 55 minutes for payouts. If Miami and Savannah State had shortened the 4th quarter to 8 or 9 minutes, dipping below 55, then this would be a national story with huge outcries. It would have been entirely innocent on the part of the two programs but the cynical bettors never would have accepted that.

Advertisement
Back