Im a huge Golden guy but....

you guys r ridiculous. it was the last game of the season and ever for some of em. let em give james a couple more carries and that was a nice call by fisch/golden on the jump pass. i like it especially in a game where we were up big until it got closer at the end. let em have some fun. muschamp just ran a 2 bad plays (one on the fourth down w burton and the reverse w driskell that got em out of fg range) that is more questionable than what we were doing

Advertisement
In my opinion.......at the end of the game they were wanting to give Mike James a couple of last touches to finish his career. Nothing more, nothing less...............

This team could be scary next year if we find a defense.

The key is the def line. Hopefully, porter stays - which is critical - pierre makes a jump in production, and we can get effective depth from the current freshmen and the guys coming in. But asking for help from true fresh def tackles is a tall order (as we witnessed this year).

One thing I would have liked to see, given what the team did this year, and what they had to give up (through no fault of their own).

Call a timeout before the last play and let the seniors take the field. Have a long huddle and even if the play call is a kneel down let them enjoy the last snap of their college careers with the victory. I suppose this could also imply bad sportsmanship considering the other side has kids sufffering a home loss. From my orange and green shades though, would have been nice to see.

Advertisement
In an evenly called game, we put 63 points on the board and Duke would maybe have gotten to 35, maybe not. That's how bad the officiating was.

Now, moving forwar, Portis and Henderson need to come back, it's absurd those two would even think of the draft. And we have a very good team coming back next year. Very good.

No concerns in the backfield if he still has eligibility left.

Advertisement
Back