Im a huge Golden guy but....

k9cane

Senior
2 things bugged me about today. Up 21 and at the goal line, honestly, I kick it and make it essentially a 4 possession game. Instead, the jump pass is incomplete and Duke is kept in the ballgame. With this team/defense, I always play the percentages

Also, at the end, last few snaps, they didn't even need to hand it off. Should've been in victory formation( again, play percentages, dont even risk a fumble)

Overall thoughts on the season...

- Duke Johnson is better than advertised. Watching him throughout the year made it worthwhile

- Ive been critical of Fisch at times, but I like the foundation we are laying at offense.

- The last few games Stephen Morris seemed to be very steady, I like the way he managed the game and stayed away from huge mistakes. I think he can build on this season.

- Key for next season, IMO, one of them is having Curtis Porter and/or Seantrel Henderson stick around. Say what you will, but those are some of the big guys we have and they are good and productive when healthy

- 7-5, about where I thought this team would be. Only loss that really kills me is the UVa loss, but as my friend pointed out, NCSt and GaTech could have easily been losses. Considering all that took place and the talent, this wasn't a bad season at all for Golden.

- And finally, I hope Golden can bring some big war-daddies up front on D.

Advertisement
Duke has been incredible,the national media was right in picking us to go 4-8 as we're at best a 4-8 team without Duke.Nobody could have guessed he was going to be such a difference maker.

Advertisement
The problem isnt that it was a bad call to go for it on 4th down, the problem is that our defense **** the bed again, plain and simple.

A few things

1. The play call was excellent.

2. The play was complete and overturned.

3. Kicking the FG only makes it 24 points and still 3 possession. There is no essentially 4 possessions.

4. I would have done the same thing because if you don't score, your still up 21 points and they have the ball on the one yard line.

Honestly, you guys might be right, I mean, good grief, either way, the ball is a the 1 yard line. You don't expect to give up a Td in less than a minute....

And yes, Clive is key for next year. Someone make sure Drew Rosenhaus doesn't talk him into believing he's a 3rd pick in April....

BTW, losing both Wieclaw and Bott is something that isn't talked about enough....

Advertisement
Honestly, you guys might be right, I mean, good grief, either way, the ball is a the 1 yard line. You don't expect to give up a Td in less than a minute....

And yes, Clive is key for next year. Someone make sure Drew Rosenhaus doesn't talk him into believing he's a 3rd pick in April....

BTW, losing both Wieclaw and Bott is something that isn't talked about enough....

1. Walford isn't going anywhere IMO, he does't have the speed to seriously consider leaving early. Also, he is still unpolished and needs work.

2. Kicking is going to be difficult to replace, we have a few kickers but we will need a punter. Botts was pretty darn good.

In an evenly called game, we put 63 points on the board and Duke would maybe have gotten to 35, maybe not. That's how bad the officiating was.

Now, moving forwar, Portis and Henderson need to come back, it's absurd those two would even think of the draft. And we have a very good team coming back next year. Very good.

Advertisement
That's the question, are Henderson and Porter interested in actually having careers at UM or just short stints at NFL U? That's one of the culture changes Golden is battling, IMO

In an evenly called game, we put 63 points on the board and Duke would maybe have gotten to 35, maybe not. That's how bad the officiating was.

Now, moving forwar, Portis and Henderson need to come back, it's absurd those two would even think of the draft. And we have a very good team coming back next year. Very good.

negged.. perfect play call.. clive was WIDE open.. bad pass by duke

**** gave him a rep instead

You are missing the point, its not about execution, its about percentages.

give his *** a negged for me

LMAO at negging someone cause they don't agree with you.

I thought it was a good call and if it wasn't for a horrid overturn we put the game away there. We went for the throat and did everything right and got screwed.

Advertisement
That's the question, are Henderson and Porter interested in actually having careers at UM or just short stints at NFL U? That's one of the culture changes Golden is battling, IMO

All I can hear is Coker's voice talking about a three year plan. NFL U Baby!!!

Advertisement
Back