I'll be the first to admit

wherrera8

Senior
Banned
I am not as happy as most of you with Golden staying. The man can recruit, but still gets beat each year by FSU! I will try to eliminate as much opinion from this as possible. The numbers don't lie: 0-3 against FSU, 1-2 against VT, 0-9 against teams that finished ranked! Numerous blow out losses, and one if iur most embarrassing losses ever to Duke this year, second only to the last game at the OB!

I have never been big on Golden, I really didn't like when they hires him! Let's be real- Miami doesn't go after the guy from Temple! 3 years in he has proven me right. He would have made a bigger statement early on saying I am not a candidate the minute it all started coming up. I understand it is his dream job but remember that response to the timeline question in which he responded "there is no timeline, I will finish what I came here for" him flirting with PSU took some credibility from it!

All that being said, I look at this class and I look at 4 leaders: Kaaya, Braxton, KC and Chad Thomas who said the following:

"I know we have special class coming in and I didn't know what would happen if Coach Golden left," Thomas said. "I'm glad he isn't going anywhere. I know the rise back to the top is going to happen and it's going to be special. I want to be a part of it."
Thomas said he was disappointed to see U.S. Army All-American defensive tackle Travonte Valentine de-commit from the program during the time of uncertainty. But he's hoping Valentine will now rejoin the class.

It's up to those 4 to make sure they go and recruit Valentine back and solidify this class and show it is cool to go to the U and stay home! All this class talks about is bringing us back which is a change from any of Golden's classes. By the time this class is in it's Junior year, we should be playing in the National Title game! I refuse to settle for less! These guys have to bring that nastiness back and demand the most from their teammates! It has to start within the locker rooms. They have to be a family and have to hold each other accountable! Get it done!

Advertisement
aqm, grace, carter, tracy, mccord, kamalu, deon, etc all a year older, stronger, and more experienced.

These kids are believing what he is selling, and truthfully that is all that matters. A bunch of whiny fans, who call him slick haired used car salesman really don't matter. So if these kids have his back and are willing to still want to stick with him after all that happened this weekend, why don't the fans?

Advertisement
God****, you love those exclamation points.

I don't know why it needs to be rehashed so often: the Duke loss was not the second most embarrassing loss in Miami football history. It was the second-worst loss this season alone.

Your post's point is unclear. You start by criticizing Golden, then praise his recruiting class, then conclude by saying that recruits need to keep others like Valentine home. Is there a central point to all this?

Valentine was never going to qualify
Bull****. How many players has Golden worked with to get them in if they were having grade problems. You roll the dice but you keep them in the fold. Now that he decommitted suddenly he wasn't gonna make it in. Please make more excuses as to why the most important recruit in Golden's class decommitted.

Bull****. How many players has Golden worked with to get them in if they were having grade problems. You roll the dice but you keep them in the fold. Now that he decommitted suddenly he wasn't gonna make it in. Please make more excuses as to why the most important recruit in Golden's class decommitted.

If valentine had any intentions to come to Miami he would have reconmitted when he found out golden was staying. Why else would he hold off. Rumors the last few weeks of him going to lsu seemed true and this just gave him a reason to bail

Advertisement

Why do you have to go and do that? He decommitted THIS WEEKEND as a result of this Golden charade. It's Golden's fault.....just say it.

He's not going to get every kid but he lost him as a result of this weekends bull****. Whether he was looking for a reason to leave or not is totally irrelevant. Perception is reality and one of our most talented recruits at a position of need, decommitted by his own words because of the PSU bull****.

If valentine had any intentions to come to Miami he would have reconmitted when he found out golden was staying. Why else would he hold off. Rumors the last few weeks of him going to lsu seemed true and this just gave him a reason to bail

Maybe because he questions Golden's loyalty to the program?

Whether he decommitted because of golden's clown show this weekend or because of Golden's scheme, either way you slice it, its Golden's fault. If Golden doesn't waiver in his loyalty to the program he doesn't decommit or if Golden fires Dorito and hires a real DC then valentine never decommits. Either way Golden is responsible. Its ok to believe he is fallible.

Whether he decommitted because of golden's clown show this weekend or because of Golden's scheme, either way you slice it, its Golden's fault. If Golden doesn't waiver in his loyalty to the program he doesn't decommit or if Golden fires Dorito and hires a real DC then valentine never decommits. Either way Golden is responsible. Its ok to believe he is fallible.

I believe you like phalluses.

Advertisement

I don't know why it needs to be rehashed so often: the Duke loss was not the second most embarrassing loss in Miami football history. It was the second-worst loss this season alone.

Your post's point is unclear. You start by criticizing Golden, then praise his recruiting class, then conclude by saying that recruits need to keep others like Valentine home. Is there a central point to all this?

My bad. What I mean is that while Golden has not done anything impressive in his first three years, this class has the potential to really turn it around because of how talented they are, and for that I do have to give credit.

The University of Miami should never ever lose to Duke in football- I'm sorry but it is the second most embarrassing loss in school history!

My bad. What I mean is that while Golden has not done anything impressive in his first three years, this class has the potential to really turn it around because of how talented they are, and for that I do have to give credit.

The University of Miami should never ever lose to Duke in football- I'm sorry but it is the second most embarrassing loss in school history!

Alright, thanks for clearing it up.

I still disagree about Duke. That was a 10 win team that had A&M on the ropes on a New Year's Eve bowl game. This Duke football team is not the Duke team we are accustomed to. A pretty young team, too. Will be interesting to see if Cutcliffe and Duke sustain some success over there.

I still disagree about Duke. That was a 10 win team that had A&M on the ropes on a New Year's Eve bowl game. This Duke football team is not the Duke team we are accustomed to. A pretty young team, too. Will be interesting to see if Cutcliffe and Duke sustain some success over there.

Agree to disagree?

I have this argument with a friend of mine. I just can't see any of the dudes from the 80's being "ok" with a loss like that. IT's Duke man like c'mmon. Look at the numbers- their best class the last 3 years was ranked 50. Ours have all been in the top 20 to 25. Talent disparity is outrageous, whihc leads me the point- Golden is getting out coached in these games its pretty obvious.

Advertisement

Agree to disagree?

I have this argument with a friend of mine. I just can't see any of the dudes from the 80's being "ok" with a loss like that. IT's Duke man like c'mmon. Look at the numbers- their best class the last 3 years was ranked 50. Ours have all been in the top 20 to 25. Talent disparity is outrageous, whihc leads me the point- Golden is getting out coached in these games its pretty obvious.

We can agree to disagree. But there is also a big talent disparity between Duke and Virginia Tech, and even between Duke and UNC. Duke beat both those teams as well, and almost beat A&M, a team with more talent than any of the above. There is more to a team than just its high school talent. Coaches have to develop and use that talent effectively, which Duke evidently did. We got outcoached, but so did a lot of teams Duke played.

Agree to disagree?

We can agree to disagree. But there is also a big talent disparity between Duke and Virginia Tech, and even between Duke and UNC. Duke beat both those teams as well, and almost beat A&M, a team with more talent than any of the above. There is more to a team than just its high school talent. Coaches have to develop and use that talent effectively, which Duke evidently did. We got outcoached, but so did a lot of teams Duke played.

TRUE. But if we want to be back, we have to start developing every single one of our guys. I can't stand that excuse of us not being talented enough to run an aggressive defense- it's on the coaching staff to teach these kids how to play and be effective in the scheme. Not every kid that goes to Alabama is talented enough for the scheme right away but you can bet they all learn it and are effective in it, if not they don't play. That is where we have to get to. Stop blaming the players YOU recruited for not being talented enough and teach them how to be effective because clearly the raw talent is there.

I bet Duke thought the same **** when we murked them in B-ball last year

I bet Duke thought the same **** when we murked them in B-ball last year

You're probably right homie! Love that!

Advertisement
Back