If You Live Long Enough

cane1963

Freshman
You learn many sayings from ancient wisdom. This saying is apropos for many on this board. It goes like this....
"If you don't like where you are.....go somewhere else".

It's obvious that many (too many) no longer find any joy in the Canes. The constant whining about the coaches, players, game plans, etc. lend credence to this observation.

Maybe it's time for those who are among the whiners to heed those ancient words of wisdom to find another team to complain about! They'll surely be happier wherever they land.

PS......Happy New Year!

Advertisement
You learn many sayings from ancient wisdom. This saying is apropos for many on this board. It goes like this....

It's obvious that many (too many) no longer find any joy in the Canes. The constant whining about the coaches, players, game plans, etc. lend credence to this observation.

Maybe it's time for those who are among the whiners to heed those ancient words of wisdom to find another team to complain about! They'll surely be happier wherever they land.

PS......Happy New Year!
Nah. I'm a LOYAL mope. I don't want to mope anyone but this team. 2001 broke me. 😆

Last edited:
The Rock Shut Up GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement

PS......Happy New Year!
ALOT of our "fans" already beat you to the punch, they been rooting for FSU since last year LSU game.. They wanted FSU undefeated this year and all..

PS......Happy New Year!
Man **** off, if you don't want to read the *****ing take your own advice.

Advertisement

PS......Happy New Year!

It's the way of today's world. combined with the length of this drought—and when you sprinkle in the hellscape that is social media and an entire generation of people who argued behind screens, while never taking a punch in the mouth in real life—we wind up here.

Us old schoolers who lived through the late '90s and that rough 1995 to 1999 run—it felt like a lifetime at the time, but in reality it was six years... whereas Miami is currently six years removed from 2017 and beating the brakes off of Notre Dame—which happened after roughly a dozen years of incompetence and this program backsliding.

The misery is understandable, but the lack of logic and common sense has gotten insufferable.

The problems of 2005 through 2021 are not the problems of 2022 and 2023. Miami just started dumping real money into football two years ago, after decades of penny pinching and Donna Shalala's 16-year run of a kill-what-you-eat approach to athletics. The program's process of extending Coker, hiring Shannon from within, selling that empty suit Golden as an up and comer, going nostalgic with over-the-hill Richt, or promoting from within again with Diaz—that all ended the minute Miami has that U Health COVID money and some big time boosters throwing cash at the program.

No, Mario doesn't have this thing where fans want it in year two—but it's a two decade problem that newfound money just started getting thrown at.

When you see turds like Brashard Smith and Leonard Taylor trolling Miami like rival fans on game day against Rutgers—two Diaz guys, no less—you see the cancerous rot that still hasn't fully been flushed out of this program.

New coaches seem to take a step forward year three. Norvell did it at FS-Who, Sark did it in Austin and Fisch just did it out in the desert, as well.

Miami just brought in a monster class, more portal guys are coming and godwilling a Cam Ward—all of which bode well for year three—which will set up another monster recruiting class for 2025.

Exhale and let it play out... opposed to two decades of wrath and rage coming out amidst every recent loss.

PS......Happy New Year!
hot dog 6.gif

It's the way of today's world. combined with the length of this drought—and when you sprinkle in the hellscape that is social media and an entire generation of people who argued behind screens, while never taking a punch in the mouth in real life—we wind up here.

Us old schoolers who lived through the late '90s and that rough 1995 to 1999 run—it felt like a lifetime at the time, but in reality it was six years... whereas Miami is currently six years removed from 2017 and beating the brakes off of Notre Dame—which happened after roughly a dozen years of incompetence and this program backsliding.

The misery is understandable, but the lack of logic and common sense has gotten insufferable.

The problems of 2005 through 2021 are not the problems of 2022 and 2023. Miami just started dumping real money into football two years ago, after decades of penny pinching and Donna Shalala's 16-year run of a kill-what-you-eat approach to athletics. The program's process of extending Coker, hiring Shannon from within, selling that empty suit Golden as an up and comer, going nostalgic with over-the-hill Richt, or promoting from within again with Diaz—that all ended the minute Miami has that U Health COVID money and some big time boosters throwing cash at the program.

No, Mario doesn't have this thing where fans want it in year two—but it's a two decade problem that newfound money just started getting thrown at.

When you see turds like Brashard Smith and Leonard Taylor trolling Miami like rival fans on game day against Rutgers—two Diaz guys, no less—you see the cancerous rot that still hasn't fully been flushed out of this program.

New coaches seem to take a step forward year three. Norvell did it at FS-Who, Sark did it in Austin and Fisch just did it out in the desert, as well.

Miami just brought in a monster class, more portal guys are coming and godwilling a Cam Ward—all of which bode well for year three—which will set up another monster recruiting class for 2025.

Exhale and let it play out... opposed to two decades of wrath and rage coming out amidst every recent loss.
Maybe I'm just too old to try and make reason where there is no one willing to listen. Your points are well taken. You are right about something else. We senior fans have lived through a plethora of the ups and downs of our team but we never considered mocking the players and coaches like we read constantly on this board. My feeling for the Canes is very simple. I'm a Miami graduate and I love my college and the teams WIN or LOSE! Like many I feel down when things don't go the way I'd like to see them go.....but I cannot ever bring myself to dishonor the school or the teams as the new generation of fans want to do. Maybe I'm just too old to endure the B.S. that I read on a CANE athletics board. Maybe, as someone pointed out, it's time for me to fade away.

Advertisement
Maybe I'm just too old to try and make reason where there is no one willing to listen. Your points are well taken. You are right about something else. We senior fans have lived through a plethora of the ups and downs of our team but we never considered mocking the players and coaches like we read constantly on this board. My feeling for the Canes is very simple. I'm a Miami graduate and I love my college and the teams WIN or LOSE! Like many I feel down when things don't go the way I'd like to see them go.....but I cannot ever bring myself to dishonor the school or the teams as the new generation of fans want to do. Maybe I'm just too old to endure the B.S. that I read on a CANE athletics board. Maybe, as someone pointed out, it's time for me to fade away.
I agree with much of what you wrote. Like you, I am an older fan. The Canes won their first NC when I was 10. So I have been on this roller coaster for a while. However, I think you are being a bit too rough on the younger generation. The haters/mopes have been there for quite a long time. They flew the banner against Butch during the depths of NCAA sanctions. Or how about how Frank Costa was treated slightly before that since he wasn't as good as that stretch of Kosar, Testaverde, Walsh, Erickson, and Torretta?

At the end of the day, it's been far too long since the Canes were consistently a factor in college football. It's been over 20 years now. Yes, 2017 was amazing for 10 games, but they proved to be paper tigers. 2024 will be a very telling year as to whether the Canes are getting back or not.

Advertisement
Back