If You Knew

Advertisement
I've always been more of a college sports fan in general because it still had "soul" to it. The college arms race, recruiting shenanigans, coaching carousels, and toxic fanbase really has me debating on taking a step back. I'll always enjoy the gameday atmosphere but everything else is starting to wane on me and i don't see it getting better. Especially for a small private school like us.
Just get a competent HC and the u will be competitive.

I became a fan in 1951. My fandom was tested early on. I sat through some really crappy seasons as a teen. I didn't abandon them then, and I won't abandon them now.
Agree with you. Thanks for posting BTW. I thought I was old. Fan since mid '60s. Good memories.

Know that I am to optimistic, but I truly expect to be competitive next season. To much was expected of true freshman this last year, and as poster above said they will be year older and better next season. However if we do not do a better job recruiting O-Line can not stay competitive.

Advertisement
Just get a competent HC and the u will be competitive.

The fix is easy.... it just takes the ba11s to do it....

Starts at the AD level.... how the he11 do they hire such losers to manage potentially one of the most visible and profitable assets that the U can have???...

..insane level of ineptitude.. ..F#@* the BOT... would any of them manage their own businesses that way??

...They need to manage the Athletic Dept like a business..

Starts at the AD level.... how the he11 do they hire such losers to manage potentially one of the most visible and profitable assets that the U can have???...

..insane level of ineptitude.. ..F#@* the BOT... would any of them manage their own businesses that way??

Agreed. I don’t get it either.

The U has lost an entire generation of fans

tenor.gif

I've thought about it, ever since it had become apparent the school really doesn't care about the football team, and that I care more about it than they do. That they won't do what is needed to become competitive again for championships. But I'm emotionally attached, rooting for another team won't have the same emotional impact that rooting for Miami does. It won't mean the same. I'm from south Florida, I will always be a Miami fan. Such is my lot in life.

Advertisement
With 100% certainty that the Canes would never, ever, again be better that an 8 or 9 win season team, would you pack it in and find another team to root for?
Of course not. I'm a 'Cane. Been a fan since childhood. Did my undergrad there (90-94). Nothing will change that. I'll just be a continually frustrated 'Cane.

Advertisement

I'd like to know what the resume of your candidate would be. I mean specifically, not "Don't be a loser!"

Bama is always looking for additional bandwagoners. Plenty of room for anyone who derives their self esteem from association with a winner

I would just quit watching and following football.I don't follow any other teams in any other sport like I did when I was younger so I would just live a sport less life.

Advertisement
I'd like to know what the resume of your candidate would be. I mean specifically, not "Don't be a loser!"

What on Blake James's resume qualifies him to manage a multimillion dollar business? His ticketing office experience????

I'm a true Cane until the day I die, it wouldn't change if we are 0-12 or 15-0 winning the championship.
Amen brother, I paid for the degrees, had a blast, memories are awesome, and this is a chance to enjoy my \\College experience, every time we take the field.....All the way, win or lose. True all the way

Advertisement
Back