IF you could select one offensive and defensive Miami Hurricane great to be a part of THIS team, who would you choose?

passitback

Junior
Premium
Tough question with so many players to choose from. I chose Bryant Mckinnie and Warren Sapp.

Offense: Bryant Mckinnie
- Consensus AA
- Outland Trophy
- Jim Parker Award
- Finished 8th in the Heisman
- NEVER GAVE UP A SACK
- 2001 NC
- 1st round pick

Defense: Warren Sapp
- Consensus AA
- Lombardi Trophy
- Nagursky trophy
- Bill Willis Award
- Finished 6th in the Heisman
- 176 tackles, 19.5 sacks
- 1991 NC
- 1st round pick

The game is won in the trenches, and adding these two seems like a no brainer for me.

While our OL is absolutely a strength, it'd be even better with BM in the fold. Imagine him anchoring the line at LT! TVD would flourish, not that he isn't.

Sapp, while not a fan favorite, would be able to anchor the DL, create havoc for opposing QBs, and and enable our DBs to EAT!

Who would you choose? Briefly explain why...

Note: This thread / question was inspired by a segment I recently heard on the "Locked on Canes" podcast...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Andre Johnson
Sean Taylor

Andre completely changes how opponents have to game plan for us. His speed/deep threat + TVD's timing and ball-placement on deep throws opens up a whole new chapter of Shannon's playbook.

Sean could be that chess piece....play him anywhere from pass rusher to LB to CB to deep safety.....would transform this defense, add unreal unpredictability and make in-game adjustments so much easier for Guidry.

Edit: can't wait for EA to finally drop their new NCAA football game.

Offense - Michael Irvin
Defense - Jerome Brown
Special teams - Devin Hester
It was close for me between Irvin and Andre but I went with Andre as a physical guy not that Irvin isn’t physical.

I think a top notch CB is our biggest need so I went with Antrel.

Special teams is a no brainer but that wasn’t asked.

Advertisement
When throwing out one of these lists, anyone who doesn't first start with Ted Hendricks, full stop, .... is wasting everybody's time.

That being said:

Defense - The Stork
Offense - (tie): Michael Irvin/Jeremy Shockey
Special Teams: Devin Hester

McGahee behind this Oline?
Oh My God Wow GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'll be a little different and say Edge and Ed Reed.

If I'm allowed ST then Hester too

Advertisement
Back