If you could pick any coach in America to lead the Canes

Advertisement
Obviously I noted earlier I'd take Carroll. Dude crushed it in college winning National championships, while also producing Heisman Trophy winners. Also killing it in the NFL with one Super Bowl, and is Vegas's favorite to win another this year.

Of realistic coaches, and I don't even know if he is realistic for a variety of reasons, but I would say Rex Ryan. I know I am going to get negged for this, but I always thought he did more with less than any guy in the NFL.

His defenses in Baltimore ranked up there historically when he was the defensive coordinator. I also happen to think the personnel he was dealt in New York has been hot garbage, but he always instilled bravado and somehow took a Mark Sanchez led team deep in the playoffs on multiple occasions.

He runs an aggressive, attacking, swarming defense that I think South Florida kids would thrive in. (Ed Reed and Ray Lewis did.) He also fits the bill of that "UM" type personality that exuberates swagger and moxy. He always had the national media, and the New York media, thinking the Jets were legitimate--and even got his players to buy-in and play above their true capabilities and overachieve.

EDIT: this is assuming Miami would go in a prostyle direction, rather than a Dan Mullen esque spread offense

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not that's how you rock the khaki's!

HC-BDavis11(CN).jpg

Pete Carroll. The enthusiasm he has for the game is infectious, which is perfect for college kids because they feed off it......and he keeps things fun, on and off the field. He is also a **** of a recruiter.

I'd like to see Chip Kelly with SFla talent... I think that would be a fun O to watch.

Advertisement
Pete Carroll.
Would recruit south florida like no one has ever seen.
Has enough juice and respect to put a really good staff together.
Attitude and personality would be a match.

Jim Harbaugh.
Would get everything out of this team.
Has been great everywhere his been.
Can do more with less.
Great with QB.
Tough physical style.
Attitude and personality would be a match.

Butch Davis.
Can recruit and scout talent like few can.

Close the thread after Carroll. He's proven he can do it at a similar style program. Now he's built the best team in the NFL. Who really has a better resume?

The way Carroll locked down California was amazing.
What he could do with South Florida would be epic.
Oh well... It's nice to day dream.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back