If you could change one thing on CIS to improve it

Advertisement
Here is my honest feedback.

Yes itā€™s about ads and this current structure actually makes me (and Iā€™m sure others) not want to buy premium (again).

I had premium for a year and didnā€™t have auto renew on apparently. So on Thursday ads turns on again and I must sayā€¦

I forgot how toxic the ad set up is and itā€™s weird cuz it doesnā€™t seem to match Dmoney personality.

Iā€™m all for making money, donā€™t hate seeing ads and i think the cost of premium is fair but to basically put ads on 40% of the view area and make your site a miserable experience for the user seems like you are trying force them to ā€œupgradeā€ instead of just letting them choose to buy.

This honestly make the sites feel likeā€¦

(As I was typing this, the page crashed and reloaded due to the ads animations
And videos etc.

Ads shouldnā€™t ruin your users experience. )

(Tried to format the above for easier
Reading but a homedepot ad is blocking the formatting options)

Iā€™m trying to watch a streaming UFC fight I didnā€™t pay for.

Instead of trying to force people to buy premium with illogical ad placements designed to obstruct.

Why not dial it back to in thread ads like reddit and make premium actually premium, by adding a few exclusive things to it besides just removing ads.

Like for example premium reaction emojis, premium only text emojis, and other bonuses + removing ads.
Amongst several items I have recommended , have tried for a good while to get @Andrew to do basic reactions for all and additional ones for premium. He said he canā€™t do it and I saidā€¦

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not to single you out, but I legitimately cant wrap my head around folks complaining about pop ups/ads.

Its one thing if someone doesnt want to pay but also isnt complaining. That seems reasonable.

But to complain about this issue when there is such an easy, cost effective solution to make your experience better, with the added bonus of helping a site you get free content from, is ridiculous.
The amount of ads is wild on mobile though.
Here's a specific problem:
I want to search for a post, but the Search button and bar get blocked by an ad. If I load the page with the plan of searching for something, it's a wait to clear the ad before I can search. If you need to search a few times, gotta watch the ad each time. I doubt that's intentional behavior. And for fun, two screenshots as examples below. Tagging @Andrew since he just posted.

Search bar under ad:
Screenshot_20231226_213916_Chrome.jpg

3 pop ups while trying to type this reply:
Screenshot_20231226_214706_Chrome.jpg

I want to search for a post, but the Search button and bar get blocked by an ad. If I load the page with the plan of searching for something, it's a wait to clear the ad before I can search. If you need to search a few times, gotta watch the ad each time. I doubt that's intentional behavior. And for fun, two screenshots as examples below. Tagging @Andrew since he just posted.

Search bar under ad:
View attachment 275420

View attachment 275421
I agree. There is a lot. When my subscription expired recently I went a day before I renewed as I was lazy. I was actually a little insulted I didnt get any nun **** ads Ive heard about.

Search bar under ad:
View attachment 275420

View attachment 275421
You can X out of the video ad after a few seconds.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Search bar under ad:
View attachment 275420

View attachment 275421
BUY A **** PREMIUM!!!
Jezzus Christ on a motorbike!!!

You can X out of the video ad after a few seconds.
If youre saying that's intentional behavior then more power to you
BUY A **** PREMIUM!!!
Jezzus Christ on a motorbike!!!
If it's blocking buttons Im supposed to interact with that's poor ad placement, no matter how many exclamation points you reply with. Like Andrew said above, non-premium users probably make the site more money for putting up with this, so if anything Im subsidizing you. You're welcome

Advertisement
Back