If you could change one thing on CIS to improve it

Advertisement
1.- This is a CANES site! Therefore, PLEASE get rid of all TROLLS permanently in a faster fashion than is currently being done.
2.- Have more polls, and let the timeline for response be longer than currently.
3.- I would love to see more pods from DMoney & Peter Ariz. And, I would also love to see Cribby do some pods. He always provides great input.
4.- I would love separate Forums on Canes in the NFL, NBA, and other top professional leagues.
5.- Provide an OK & a MAY BE emojis.
6.- If possible, I would love to see interviews from DMoney, Peter Ariz, and/or Cribby with our coaches and players.
If you didn't know caneville does interviews with players

Advertisement
Here is my honest feedback.

Yes it’s about ads and this current structure actually makes me (and I’m sure others) not want to buy premium (again).

I had premium for a year and didn’t have auto renew on apparently. So on Thursday ads turns on again and I must say…

I forgot how toxic the ad set up is and it’s weird cuz it doesn’t seem to match Dmoney personality.

I’m all for making money, don’t hate seeing ads and i think the cost of premium is fair but to basically put ads on 40% of the view area and make your site a miserable experience for the user seems like you are trying force them to “upgrade” instead of just letting them choose to buy.

This honestly make the sites feel like…

(As I was typing this, the page crashed and reloaded due to the ads animations
And videos etc.

Ads shouldn’t ruin your users experience. )

(Tried to format the above for easier
Reading but a homedepot ad is blocking the formatting options)

I’m trying to watch a streaming UFC fight I didn’t pay for.

Instead of trying to force people to buy premium with illogical ad placements designed to obstruct.

Why not dial it back to in thread ads like reddit and make premium actually premium, by adding a few exclusive things to it besides just removing ads.

Like for example premium reaction emojis, premium only text emojis, and other bonuses + removing ads.

Not to single you out, but I legitimately cant wrap my head around folks complaining about pop ups/ads.

Its one thing if someone doesnt want to pay but also isnt complaining. That seems reasonable.

But to complain about this issue when there is such an easy, cost effective solution to make your experience better, with the added bonus of helping a site you get free content from, is ridiculous.

I agree with you that there is a cost effective solution.

But let’s not act like this is normal ad placement.

Ads on this site are not placed to present offers during the users experience. They are placed to be toxic and obstruct the viewing area to basically force the person to buy because the experience sucks so bad.

Which creates resistance and makes people not want to buy.

I had premium the dollar amount is irrelevant I could pre-pay for every year for rest the of my life as could others. But the way it’s being approached isn’t good.

I agree with you that there is a cost effective solution.

But let’s not act like this is normal ad placement.

Ads on this site are not placed to present offers during the users experience. They are placed to be toxic and obstruct the viewing area to basically force the person to buy because the experience sucks so bad.

Which creates resistance and makes people not want to buy.

I had premium the dollar amount is irrelevant I could pre-pay for every year for rest the of my life as could others. But the way it’s being approached isn’t good.

Hey I certainly agree that there are more than a normal amount of ad placements n this site. But we've all been to sites where there were a ton as well. D$ and the owners have a right to monetize this site. If due to the traffic and demographics of the user base, more companies want to put ads on this site, who are they to say no and who are we to say they cant.

They've offered an extremely reasonable solution. This actually makes me feel better tbh that Im getting more bang for my subscription buck. There needs to be a good sized difference between the free version and paid version. Its no different than some streaming sites I have that stop to a commercial and chop up my viewing experience every 5 minutes but offer a paid as free version. No different than any open source software that Andrew may be using and the full paid version. There needs to be a differentiator and there is.

My issue is the the people that will run to go read The Bank when its dropped and start drooling on one side of there mouth reading it while *****ing on the other side that they want a better experience for getting their free content. I at least respect the people that make the choice not to pay, but also dont complain on here and take accountability for their choices.

Hey I certainly agree that there are more than a normal amount of ad placements n this site. But we've all been to sites where there were a ton as well. D$ and the owners have a right to monetize this site. If due to the traffic and demographics of the user base, more companies want to put ads on this site, who are they to say no and who are we to say they cant.

They've offered an extremely reasonable solution. This actually makes me feel better tbh that Im getting more bang for my subscription buck. There needs to be a good sized difference between the free version and paid version. Its no different than some streaming sites I have that stop to a commercial and chop up my viewing experience every 5 minutes but offer a paid as free version. No different than any open source software that Andrew may be using and the full paid version. There needs to be a differentiator and there is.

My issue is the the people that will run to go read The Bank when its dropped and start drooling on one side of there mouth reading it while *****ing on the other side that they want a better experience for getting their free content. I at least respect the people that make the choice not to pay, but also dont complain on here and take accountability for their choices.

Who said they don’t have a right to monetize it?

Who said they were opposed to them monetizing it?

These aren’t venders paying for specific placements these are generic display network ads.

And no one is complaining this thread is literally titled “make cis better/ feedback” you are “simpin” for these guys and tryna make a $25 purchase sound like it’s the cure for cancer.

I can point to two clear cut examples that will explain why simply paying for ad removal is actually low value with this.

YouTube and Twitter/ X both offer an ad free experience and both provide extra features benefits on-top of removing ads.

Advertisement
By those asking the owners to have less ads on this free site, you are quite literally asking them to monetize less.

The thing is, there already is a mechanism in place for this problem. Feedback heard, problem solved. This is a choice. The other ideas are feedback. People just love complaining or just keep wanting more for free. Its those complaining that are making a $25 purchase out to be a big deal.

You lost me with the X/YouTube examples. No.

Im extremely happy with this site. The ROI I get for my subscription works. This site, while not perfect, is better than every other Canes site out there that are truly pay to play. There is still room for improvement. Its good to have these discussions every now and then as good ideas can come from it.

No need to respond. Everyone has to live with their choices.

Haven’t seen but one person actually complain about the ads.
The others are simply talking about where the ads are placed not the existence of them.
Just an observation is all.

By those asking the owners to have less ads on this free site, you are quite literally asking them to monetize less.

The thing is, there already is a mechanism in place for this problem. Feedback heard, problem solved. This is a choice. The other ideas are feedback. People just love complaining or just keep wanting more for free. Its those complaining that are making a $25 purchase out to be a big deal.

You lost me with the X/YouTube examples. No.

Im extremely happy with this site. The ROI I get for my subscription works. This site, while not perfect, is better than every other Canes site out there that are truly pay to play. There is still room for improvement. Its good to have these discussions every now and then as good ideas can come from it.

No need to respond. Everyone has to live with their choices.

You being Crazy dramatic, is this Dmoney burner account? if you aren’t built to handle opposing views don’t click on feedback threads.

Advertisement
Make @fraggle and @hydro66 admins.

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars
Joe Biden GIF by Election 2020

1.- This is a CANES site! Therefore, PLEASE get rid of all TROLLS permanently in a faster fashion than is currently being done.
2.- Have more polls, and let the timeline for response be longer than currently.
3.- I would love to see more pods from DMoney & Peter Ariz. And, I would also love to see Cribby do some pods. He always provides great input.
4.- I would love separate Forums on Canes in the NFL, NBA, and other top professional leagues.
5.- Provide an OK & a MAY BE emojis.
6.- If possible, I would love to see interviews from DMoney, Peter Ariz, and/or Cribby with our coaches and players.

Advertisement
I assure you if there is any sent of a trolling there is a hungry lion 🦁 that craves trolls as his main food staple.
Once @RVACane nose picks up a sent of a troll it’s already to late the deep grumbling growl has started.

We’ll always have trolls they just don’t know it yet they’re already devoured with a full belly BURP.

GOCANES
I heard of him.

Sometimes cats play with their food.

Lol

What if we make it so when you sign up we ask to check yes or no are you a troll. And we can entice truthfulness by offering them a free premium subscription. Then they get labeled as a troll on their profile and are incapable of getting any positive reactions to their posts. I would offset this with the increased ads for non premium users.

Advertisement
Back