If you could’ve picked 3

StevoBevo

Freshman
Players that are coming in summer to have joined in the spring instead who would you have picked ? For me it would’ve went
1. L Taylor ( especially with nesta out this spring and that extra conditioning would’ve been invaluable for him, especially for him to be one step closer physically to being where he needs to be )
2. J Ishmael ( long and lanky but lacks the size/technique currently to truly contribute early. IMO a whole spring with Simpson would do wonders for him )
3. M Curtis ( Very raw but SPEEDY prospect who would be able to get his feet wet in the return game early to throw his hat in the ring and because he is not a natural corner is gonna need some serious development and TRob/DVD are just the coaches to get him there, would also help with our current corner depth and allow him to add a little bit of muscle (doesnt strike me as someone who will bulk up easily nor be asked to).
what do y’all think ?

Advertisement
Obviously I wanted everyone here for spring but since the game is we could only pick 3, I’m not using those spots on Ishmael or Curtis. I don’t see Ishmael contributing here until his RS sophomore year, so he would be the last guy I would use spot on. Plus he’s at a pretty deep position. I see Curtis contributing a lot early on Special teams but I don’t think he’s sees the field as a CB next year if ever (I think he ends up at WR eventually). So my 3 are:

1) I’m keeping LT here even though I believe the position is pretty deep. You need to find a way to get your 5 stars on the field early. Plus I think he’s the starting DT next year after Ford and Nesta leave.

2) Romello Brinson: we need a big outside receiver to step up and balance out the room. He has a good shot of contributing early.

3) Ryan Rodriguez: Gaynor is gone next year and we still don’t know if Clark will be the answer at C. Coming in to play OL early is tough enough and that’s magnified when you are talking about OC. To me he is the biggest need to have enrolled early.

For me, it would be:

LT. Because.
Cody Brown because with RBs, you may never know what could happen, very physical position.
Malik Curtis because he could definitely use the reps coming in since he will be at CB and can put himself in the return game conversation.

Advertisement
Brantley we're short at TE (injuries) and he needs the jay feeley services

Brinson just for the feeley services from what I've seen kid is a stud

James Williams/Thomas Davis just so the coaches can determine where they fit best JW Striker/Safety & TD DL/LB

Brantley we're short at TE (injuries) and he needs the jay feeley services

Brinson just for the feeley services from what I've seen kid is a stud

James Williams/Thomas Davis just so the coaches can determine where they fit best JW Striker/Safety & TD DL/LB
Thomas Davis is already enrolled, he’s on campus & practicing right now.

Brinson and Brashard Smith.

After that a drop-off to Taylor. I don't think he needs a spring but physical development would help some.

Brantley and Brown only to be ready to rotate in if someone misses time.

JW needs all the development he can get. The more time the staff has to coach out his bad habits the better off he'll be.

Advertisement
For me it’s Brashard Smith. I want to see what he could do in the slot and PR. He could be the most electric player we’ve had in a long time.

Advertisement
Show him the smurf he'll be handing the rock to.

If that doesn't work, hire a good divorce attorney. your marriage isn't gonna make it past 4 years with all the razzing you'll be doing to your wife's own blood lol

Advertisement
Back