If you are bashing the team today

jackedaround

Junior
You are an inept idiot who has no place as a fan.

this team won the ACC and made a ******* final 4. it made the elite 8 last year and lost by 26. this year we lost to UCONN who demolished everyone. we played our worst half of basketball and lost to the #1 rated team this year. there is no better team than UCONN. as bad as we played, we played that team closer than anyone else has all tourney. consider that for a half a second.

i know it is very easy for us to forget this but 3 weeks ago Omier had a bad ankle injury.

we beat indiana, houston and texas all in the tourney. we took the HARDEST path possible to a final 4. there is no harder path ever taken. 12, 4, 1, 2. name me any other team that has done it. i will wait.

our record the last 2 seasons in the NCAA tourney 7-2. We beat auburn last year too - dusted them.

so i will say this kindly. just go back to the football forum where you can complain when we lose to a&m and get dusted by clemson by 30 again. you'll fit right in.

Advertisement
Nothing to even bash. The boys (and girls) had the best seasons in the history of the program. They ran into the eventual national champs deep in the run (for the men, TWICE in a row now).

Some real hate-filled, incel, sad people if they are bashing the program/team today. Shameful.

this team won the ACC and made a ******* final 4. it made the elite 8 last year and lost by 26. this year we lost to UCONN who demolished everyone. we played our worst half of basketball and lost to the #1 rated team this year. there is no better team than UCONN. as bad as we played, we played that team closer than anyone else has all tourney. consider that for a half a second.

i know it is very easy for us to forget this but 3 weeks ago Omier had a bad ankle injury.

we beat indiana, houston and texas all in the tourney. we took the HARDEST path possible to a final 4. there is no harder path ever taken. 12, 4, 1, 2. name me any other team that has done it. i will wait.

our record the last 2 seasons in the NCAA tourney 7-2. We beat auburn last year too - dusted them.

so i will say this kindly. just go back to the football forum where you can complain when we lose to a&m and get dusted by clemson by 30 again. you'll fit right in.
It is right to be disappointed after last game, we played like ****. But can’t bash the team that made 2 consecutive elite 8s, first team final four, and was the best team in the ACC.

Advertisement
Here’s what I don’t get:

Making the Final is a real big deal; like legitimately. Winning the whole thing is the absolute cherry on top, but making a Final Four is the sundae. Making a Final Four would’ve been considered a success for a Duke, UCLA, UNC, UK, KU, u know, traditional b-ball powers; but it’s even more impressive when non b-ball powers make it to that level.

This is by far the most success that any University of Miami team has had since joining the ACC. This team should receive nothing but praise to defy the odds & be one of the last 4 remaining teams left.

Last edited:
Looking at the box score we had a tough game & I like some others attribute this to uconn’s D. Did the cavernous stadium have something to do with it….possibly. If you look solely at half scoring it was the 1st half that really killed us. We actually played even in the 2nd half.

Advertisement
Live look at CIS fans during game threads in all 3 major sports….

This is how y’all act about our players and coaches…

But Augie actually knew how to coach 😎

Who’s bashing? Anyone who can’t see the amazing good that this season became is just a miserable person who somehow gets off on putting down others, even when there’s nothing to put down. Thankfully this is such a minor population I /we should give it no mind. Great incredible and many other superlatives of a 2022/2023 season Canes Basketball, Men and Women. Banners!

11 seed LSU in 1986 had the hardest possible path. They beat the 6, 3, 2, and 1 seeds to make the final 4

Advertisement
Not bashing the team, more frustration then anything else :
Top scorer out of the game, because of a sneaker change.
Does 3 second in the key even exist anymore.
Wong get a defensive rebound, turns up court, basically the U Conn player reaches in stops his progress, he loses the ball, then Jordan gets call for a nicker / dimer on the same possession.
I thought Joeseph stripped the u conn guard, and they called the foul on Joeseph, while in my opinion the u conn guard was literally stopping him from getting to the ball.
Picks being set by the Big Center, every one of them he stuck his leg out.
Guard loses his balance, walks and then we wind up with jump ball
Foul on Hawkins 3 pointer, still questionable.
It is just hard today, to know what a foul is, what is traveling,
That and the fact we missed like 14 layups, and coach L basically alluded to the fact that the game plan was not followed.
Team did great, but that game was frustrating.

Wong get a defensive rebound, turns up court, basically the U Conn player reaches in stops his progress, he loses the ball, then Jordan gets call for a nicker / dimer on the same possession.
I thought Joeseph stripped the u conn guard, and they called the foul on Joeseph, while in my opinion the u conn guard was literally stopping him from getting to the ball.
That and the fact we missed like 14 layups, and coach L basically alluded to the fact that the game plan was not followed.
We lost the game in the 1st half. You can't go down 13

Interesting take... remember hearing it after couple close ACC losses

Advertisement

Post of the Day Nominee

It was a great run and deserves a banner in the arena, but how to we get over the hump and win it all? If we can sustain this level as a program I do think we will eventually win one.

Nobody is bashing the team. Take a Zanny for your anxiety and chase it with some Thorazine to make the bad, bad thoughts go bye-bye.

Advertisement
Back