If/when we get Collins, Coley and Strong

It could be a very good offense...question is, does the O line play up to potential? Does Morris progress as a QB? Will Collins and Duke be able to take an entire season of pounding on them?

If yes, ****'s should be prepared.

Advertisement
meant as ....

Is that Really going to happen? surprised!!

But For the Record - I Still don't see it happening

JC

Advertisement
just give me collins. honestly dont really give a **** about coley. think he is a bit overrated on this board.

we really really really need another legit RB for next year and Collins is a legit NFL talent

saying he's overrated implies that we have someone better on the roster...so who got?

not really. I'm saying that he is made out to be a once in a decade type of player on this board and he looks like a pretty regular WR recruit to me. has some nice qualities but not a cant miss dude at all.

if you want to try to compare him to guys on the team right now, there are at least 3-4 guys on the roster who I'd bet are better than him RIGHT NOW (Hurns, Dorsett, Lewis, Scott)

meant as ....

JC

I think they were going to take AJL and still go after Coley

Think of Strong as a replacement for AJL

Save the scholly for a position of need. We were gonna go after Coley one way or another because we dont have that rare elite talent at WR. We have good to very good talent there and AJL would have fallen into the very good category. We get Coley and there is absolutely no reason to get anyone else, when we have other pressing needs elsewhere.

Advertisement
Get Collins and we have the best pair of rbs in the nation. The you couple that with Sony Michel and dalvin cook and omg words do not describe the potential devastation we will unleash on the rest of the college football world

meant as ....

JC

Save the scholly for a position of need. We were gonna go after Coley one way or another because we dont have that rare elite talent at WR. We have good to very good talent there and AJL would have fallen into the very good category. We get Coley and there is absolutely no reason to get anyone else, when we have other pressing needs elsewhere.

That doesn't make sense if Strong is better than AJL and I think that Strong is better than AJL. If they weren't going to take 2, then I see your logic, but if taking AJL AND Coley was always in the cards. Replace AJL. Doesn't hurt that Strong happens to be better as well.

meant as ....

JC

That doesn't make sense if Strong is better than AJL and I think that Strong is better than AJL. If they weren't going to take 2, then I see your logic, but if taking AJL AND Coley was always in the cards. Replace AJL. Doesn't hurt that Strong happens to be better as well.

In a perfect world without upcoming sanctions you are 100% spot on but that isnt the case. We are limited in our numbers and threats in the passing game are the least of our worries. The only thing we are missing is that one elite AA type kid and that kid is Coley. Remember we get back a kid in M Lewis who might have been the best of the bunch from our haul last year. I think the staff is smart and they will continue recruiting numerous kids at every position so that we are not left out in the cold. We only need and should take one, but Coley is gonna be a battle and we might as well have a contingency. The WR crop next year in SF is crazy anyway. Save that scholly for a DE, DT or OL, on top what we already need.

Advertisement
meant as ....

JC

In a perfect world without upcoming sanctions you are 100% spot on but that isnt the case. We are limited in our numbers and threats in the passing game are the least of our worries. The only thing we are missing is that one elite AA type kid and that kid is Coley. Remember we get back a kid in M Lewis who might have been the best of the bunch from our haul last year. I think the staff is smart and they will continue recruiting numerous kids at every position so that we are not left out in the cold. We only need and should take one, but Coley is gonna be a battle and we might as well have a contingency. The WR crop next year in SF is crazy anyway. Save that scholly for a DE, DT or OL, on top what we already need.

I'm thinking our class is capped at 20

1) Olsen
2) Bryant
3) Carter
4) Burns
5) Thomas
6) Grace
7) Figueroa
8) Bond
9) Sandland
10) Knighton
11) Gall
12) Kirkland
13) Dobard
14) Bostwick
15) Collins
16) Coley
17) Kerr
18) AQM/Williams

2 spots remaining. By your criteria, depends if they feel Strong is an Elite AA type. If he is, I think he comes aboard.

1) Olsen
2) Bryant
3) Carter
4) Burns
5) Thomas
6) Grace
7) Figueroa
8) Bond
9) Sandland
10) Knighton
11) Gall
12) Kirkland
13) Dobard
14) Bostwick
15) Collins
16) Coley
17) Kerr
18) AQM/Williams

2 spots remaining. By your criteria, depends if they feel Strong is an Elite AA type. If he is, I think he comes aboard.

You are right about that and in the end if we get Coley and Strong I am not one to *****, as we need to stack talent regardless but I just think we only need one of those Elite AA types at WR this go around. Its all just nitpicking as you cant go wrong with any of these predictions so long as the kids actually sign here. As for your numbers, I would ideally add one more OL there, one more DT like your boy Wilkins or JUCO, and one more DE which would be AQM/Williams. Lastly I would take a Mike if one somehow falls in our lap this next month, maybe that kid from DC with the African name.

Advertisement
All I am saying is that Corderelle Patterson absolutely balled for Tennessee from Day 1 and this kid could be that type of guy. The tape is amazing.

Although my favorite receiver tape last year besides Diggs was Charlie Miller, so maybe I am not the best judge.

1) Olsen
2) Bryant
3) Carter
4) Burns
5) Thomas
6) Grace
7) Figueroa
8) Bond
9) Sandland
10) Knighton
11) Gall
12) Kirkland
13) Dobard
14) Bostwick
15) Collins
16) Coley
17) Kerr
18) AQM/Williams

You are right about that and in the end if we get Coley and Strong I am not one to ****, as we need to stack talent regardless but I just think we only need one of those Elite AA types at WR this go around. Its all just nitpicking as you cant go wrong with any of these predictions so long as the kids actually sign here. As for your numbers, I would ideally add one more OL there, one more DT like your boy Wilkins or JUCO, and one more DE which would be AQM/Williams. Lastly I would take a Mike if one somehow falls in our lap this next month, maybe that kid from DC with the African name.

Yannick Ngakoue?

If it came down to Strong/Wilkins/Ngakoue...Gimme Wilkins and Ngakoue

1) Olsen
2) Bryant
3) Carter
4) Burns
5) Thomas
6) Grace
7) Figueroa
8) Bond
9) Sandland
10) Knighton
11) Gall
12) Kirkland
13) Dobard
14) Bostwick
15) Collins
16) Coley
17) Kerr
18) AQM/Williams

You are right about that and in the end if we get Coley and Strong I am not one to ****, as we need to stack talent regardless but I just think we only need one of those Elite AA types at WR this go around. Its all just nitpicking as you cant go wrong with any of these predictions so long as the kids actually sign here. As for your numbers, I would ideally add one more OL there, one more DT like your boy Wilkins or JUCO, and one more DE which would be AQM/Williams. Lastly I would take a Mike if one somehow falls in our lap this next month, maybe that kid from DC with the African name.

Yannick Ngakoue?

If it came down to Strong/Wilkins/Ngakoue...Gimme Wilkins and Ngakoue

Yes and I agree.

Advertisement
Back