If "when" Golden Tanks

Advertisement
Butch would take the job for $250K.

He might with the right incentive clauses.

It's going to take at least 7 figures. He's not dumb, he won't leave money on the table like that

It's not about money anymore for him.

Davis Named Coach at Miami - NYTimes.com he was making $375,000 when he got hired the first time

That's great. Irrelevant, but great.

That was his original contract - when he left for the Browns he had a $1.4M offer on the table - the Browns offered double and he left

Butch would take the job in a heartbeat ..... bc no one else is offering him a job other than TV

Wont happen bc of NCAA

Advertisement
Old Spurrier just beat us with a mediocre team and let's not forget that a$$ whippin old Bill Snyder gave our "young" coach.

Butch Davis is available

Love butch Davis. Only problem is he's 63

So is Saban

You can be outta touch at any age.

Agree, not an old vs young thing for me it's just that I would want butch to stay for at least 10 years and idk if he wauld want to work into his mid 70's

Not sure why people keep hyping Chip Kelly here. 1. Even if money were on the table, we still won't be in his picture. 2. he wouldn't know what to do with Miami players, because he doesn't like guys who have any attitude. We got people still talking about swag here. Chip is looking for the Anti Swag.

I seem to recall Chip Kelly running out the door at Oregon and being given a Show-Cause punishment while he vacated the building. Before the Butch comparisons come, Butch has a Miami history that Chip doesn't and he was found innocent. As much as his name has been dragged through the mud, Butch has never been charged or found guilty of anything.

I seem to recall Chip Kelly running out the door at Oregon and being given a Show-Cause punishment while he vacated the building. Before the Butch comparisons come, Butch has a Miami history that Chip doesn't and he was found innocent. As much as his name has been dragged through the mud, Butch has never been charged or found guilty of anything.

**** straight! Butch ain't never had had a Show Cause put on him.

Advertisement
Unfortunately, I believe Patterson is not leaving TCU unless it's for a major public school in the Power 5. Our realistic best options are Butch and Mark Stoops. If they hire Cristobal or Chimpano you might as well close up our program.

Interesting candidates that make 3.5 or less (USA list-might not be current)

1. Gundy (Oklahoma St.) 3.5
2. Petrino (Louisville) 3.5
3. Richt (Georgia) 3.2
4. Mora (UCLA) 3.25
5. Pinkel (Missouri) 3.25
6. Jones (Tennessee) 3.2
7. Tubberville (Cincinnati)3.2
8. Mullen (Mississippi St.) 3.2
9. Freeze (Mississippi) 3.2
10. Shaw (Stanford) 3.0
11. Holgerson (West Virginia) 2.8
12. Fitzgerald (Northwestern) 2.4
13. Stoops (Kentucky) 2.25
14. Kingsbury (Texas Tech) 2.2
15. Rodriguez (Arizona) 2.0
16. Wilson (Indiana) 1.4
17. McNeill (E. Carolina) 1.25
18. Johnson (Tulane) 1.2
19. Fuente (Memphis) .975
20. Hudspeth (UL-Lafayette) .825

Interesting candidates that make 3.5 or less (USA list-might not be current)

1. Gundy (Oklahoma St.) 3.5
2. Petrino (Louisville) 3.5
3. Richt (Georgia) 3.2
4. Mora (UCLA) 3.25
5. Pinkel (Missouri) 3.25
6. Jones (Tennessee) 3.2
7. Tubberville (Cincinnati)3.2
8. Mullen (Mississippi St.) 3.2
9. Freeze (Mississippi) 3.2
10. Shaw (Stanford) 3.0
11. Holgerson (West Virginia) 2.8
12. Fitzgerald (Northwestern) 2.4
13. Stoops (Kentucky) 2.25
14. Kingsbury (Texas Tech) 2.2
15. Rodriguez (Arizona) 2.0
16. Wilson (Indiana) 1.4
17. McNeill (E. Carolina) 1.25
18. Johnson (Tulane) 1.2
19. Fuente (Memphis) .975
20. Hudspeth (UL-Lafayette) .825

Best Options from that list we could realistically pull.

Holgerson
Stoops
Rodriguez

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back