"if were putting them out there...."

getcaned

Sophomore
"if were putting them out there they better play like a Miami Hurricane"

**** Al just gets it and if the kids don't then I have a feeling they wont be here for long! It's a breath of fresh "old school" air. No excuses go out and do your **** job or I will find someone that can. I don't like playing freshmen but it seems the incoming kids in the last two classes are more mature then most of the seniors and juniors that left last season. Out with the BS and in with kids that want to be Hurricanes. Hard work and dedication is what built the football program and it is the only thing that can revive it!

:neonu:

Advertisement
Loved that quote from the presser as well. It needs to be embedded in these youngsters because a **** ton of them are going to be on the field this year playing critical snaps.

7.jpg

point to ponder with Al's persona and attitude how do you think he would have played as a TE at Miami instead of PediU??

Last edited:
Advertisement
"if were putting them out there they better play like a Miami Hurricane"

"It's a breath of fresh "old school" air. No excuses go out and do your **** job or I will find someone that can.

:neonu:

Totally love this about Al. Feels like we're getting closer to where we need to be - when this transfers from being coach driven to player-leader driven, as in "I'll take your job", we're on the road to being back.

Night and day compared to the BS that radio would spout off. I am definitely looking to se a major step forward in terms of attitude and and accountability from the team.

Advertisement
i knew he was a TE. my brain is in a different place this morning. 29 days is too long and im suffering from canenemia

i don't see Shannons approach as the same. in theory it might have been what he wanted to do but in reality it wasn't anything close. favorites and players in the doghouse was modus operandy at its finest.

i don't see Shannons approach as the same. in theory it might have been what he wanted to do but in reality it wasn't anything close. favorites and players in the doghouse was modus operandy at its finest.

It was a big freakn dog house. He loved him some mediocre players.

Advertisement
besides the dog house issues.. randy got his best recruiting class from one school. when have you seen a high school put out that many players in one class that actually were worth a **** in college. Randy the recruiter was a fail as well. the way randy picked all those kids from NW you would have thought they were the 2001 hurricanes. Randy's blunders set this school back 5 years at a minimum.

its really bad when Coach Golden has to explain that the players had to be taught how to eat and every aspect of conditioning. Pitiful and deplorable prior leadership. What program in the country doesn't have a dietician or someone watching what their athletes are doing? It was jail where the inmates were running the prison. Thank goodness for Al and the things he appears to be changing. I know there are randy slurpers but i really think as they see things change culturally in this program and results on field they will learn to bite their tongue and take of their coach blinders. I wanted randy to succeed myself but the writing was on the wall after he signed the NW class and the petty **** started on the team. He wasn't ready to be a HC and he may never be ready being a hc, a winning HC, in college football takes a special person and not every good DC or OC is cut out to handle it.

Advertisement
Back