If we HAD to lose to a Coastal team, we're fortunate that it's UNC

PoppaTop

Recruit
Despite all the doomsday prepping around here, the Coastal is still extremely feasible this season.

UNC has Clemson (loss) and @NC State (potential loss) as their crossovers, as well as the usual Coastal slate. With Clemson as a nearly guaranteed loss, we come about as close as we can to controlling our own destiny in the ACC.

Before everyone else says it, obviously we still need to take care of business and obviously that's something we haven't been able to do in a very long time - but as much as everyone is griping right now, the sun has not set on our season. Beat UVA and take care of the Coastal underlings, and we can still have a shot to play Clemson in December. Our crossovers of FSU and Louisville are extremely winnable.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Despite all the doomsday prepping around here, the Coastal is still extremely feasible this season.

UNC has Clemson (loss) and @NC State (potential loss) as their crossovers, as well as the usual Coastal slate. With Clemson as a nearly guaranteed loss, we come about as close as we can to controlling our own destiny in the ACC.

Before everyone else says it, obviously we still need to take care of business and obviously that's something we haven't been able to do in a very long time - but as much as everyone is griping right now, the sun has not set on our season. Beat UVA and take care of the Coastal underlings, and we can still have a shot to play Clemson in December. Our crossovers of FSU and Louisville are extremely winnable.

Go Canes!

But, FSU always plays Miami tough. For instance, I recall the vast majority, but not all, of Cane fandom predicting a DOUBLE-DIGIT home win against FSU last season. Yikes. And I, also, thought the Canes would handily defeat FSU by double-digits. duh

Advertisement
Good stuff, Sloppy Top. UM should hire you as the new Yamma Yamma Man with your cheerleading skills.

It’s foolish talking about winning the Coastal right now after getting slapped by a 2-10 team. We could lose to every ACC team we play just as easily as we could beat them. This team is far too sporadic and disjointed to be thinking any grand thoughts.

Nothing and I mean nothing with a P5 school or good G5 school is a given. If so we wouldn’t be having the same conversation for the past 15 years.
I keep getting my hopes up year after year to only be let down. I think I have battered cane syndrome.

Fanatical fans thinking were going to play Clemson for the ACC championship. Must be delusional at best. Next yr with an experienced Qb and defense is what we need.

Advertisement
Good stuff, Sloppy Top. UM should hire you as the new Yamma Yamma Man with your cheerleading skills.

It’s foolish talking about winning the Coastal right now after getting slapped by a 2-10 team. We could lose to every ACC team we play just as easily as we could beat them. This team is far too sporadic and disjointed to be thinking any grand thoughts.
We lost to a 2-0 team. Don’t muddle this with Fedora’s catastrophe.

Truth teller

Advertisement
Who cares about winning the ******* Coastal? Richt won the Coastal. If I'm not mistaken, Golden would have taken us to the ACC Championship Game had it not been for our self-imposed postseason ban in 2012. (We were in a 3 way tie for the division at 5-3, and I think we would have won on some tiebreaker.)

Both Golden and Richt were coRches anyway.

their QB is a future star in this conference if not already, I think its time to realize Carolina's gonna be a problem for a while, especially the way theyre recruiting,we need to get better

Advertisement
We lost to a 1-0 ****** basketball school missing some of their better players that was already devoid of talent. Disgraceful loss and sad that there are so many looking to justify it.
You can pretend UNC is devoid of talent all you want, but that's just not true. They worst finish they've had in recruiting in the modern era is 5th in the ACC - obviously FSU, Clemson, and Miami are going to out-recruit them every year, but let's not pretend they haven't done well for themselves on the trail. Fedora can't run a program and can't coach, but he was no slouch at recruiting. Injuries, suspensions, and inept program management is what sunk their ship before.

You can reiterate tired narratives all you want - yes, we've out-recruited them, yes, we should have won, yes, we're a perpetual disappointment - but devoid of talent they are not. Everyone and their moms should have seen that they were a prime candidate to turn a corner this year with Mack - at least those paying attention.

Who cares about winning the Coastal? ......ALMOST EVERY MIAMI FAN

We've only done it once outright........ **** sure isn't like we've got a closet full of Coastal titles
For some reason everyone goes full on "championship or bust" in the offseason and is shocked when their ludicrous expectations aren't met. It's unbelievable how many people scoff at the mere idea that a Coastal title would be a step forward for a program that's won 1 of them in 15 years - and then utterly dismiss the possibility of it when met with adversity.

Game 1: The Coastal isn't enough, we're MIAMI.
Game 3: LOL you think we can win the Coastal with this pathetic team?!

Advertisement
Back