If we had a top 30 offense...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Let's take a look at top 30 offense. If you mean top 30 by scoring offense at the minimum (with our man Heckendorf) we would average 33.7 ppg. In comparison we averaged 25 ppg.

So a little over a touchdown difference in ppg would mean a lot more wins in 2019, yes.

After that overly simplistic summary, though, you have to figure the issues with Manny across the board would still exist and serious doubt would be in place for being undefeated (overrated defense and lots of special teams issues throughout season as well as apathetic players).

When you think of all we'd need to be a top 30 O, then look at our team.... Why bother?

Advertisement
No we walk GT, VT we don’t throw those 3 Ints that gave VT all the confidence and a spot 21points, UNC we walk, Duke and FIU as well lol

We don't have the players to be a top 30 O. Unless TVD is the real deal, I expect more frustrating ineptitude next year.

Advertisement
If we had the CFB AVERAGE offense that scores 30 points we are a one loss team
This is the ONLY thing that gives me any modicum of hope for a positive season in 2020. With all of my unbelief in Manny, he has fixed punting for another year, it looks like he fixed place kicking, the D should actually be stronger in 2020 and if we averaged 30 points against P5 teams, we will do no worse than a 10-2 season, despite Manny showing many reasons to not trust him.

Advertisement
This is the ONLY thing that gives me any modicum of hope for a positive season in 2020. With all of my unbelief in Manny, he has fixed panting for another year, it looks like he fixed place kicking, the D should actually be stronger in 2020 and if we averaged 30 points against P5 teams, we will do no worse than a 10-2 season, despite Manny showing many reasons to not trust him.
Well Manny said he would make massive change in offensive system. I get the feeling Enos sort of hoodwinked him into thinking he was some kind of guru that he really wasn't.

It sucks when you get burned like that so now Manny is likely to take his time. Im' sure he knows his job is on the line so this is literally his most important hire EVER!

I'm still not sold on our Defensive Coordinator.

Anyone want to correct me?

I won't deal with it well, but I'll get over it.
Agreed. I keep saying that Manny needs to do whatever he can THIS coming season or he will permanently hurt his career (see Golden, Coker, Shannon, Richt, etc.). Manny should have a HEAVY hand in the D this coming season and basically be its defect DC. This will shore up the D and then spread some of the HC duties to others, and finally, hire a competent OC who has recent success as an OC, to be the head coach of the offense. If he does that, he may make me and most on here eat tons of crow, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Advertisement
Back