If we don't start recruiting DT, this will not change.

cane22

Recruit
Some point to safety issues, some to lack of LB depth. I point toward the DL play/depth. They got pushed around versus the two big schools we played this year and last year it was a habit as well. If you look at our recruiting of this position in the eligibility chart, we are in deep **** if we don't get better here.
Sure scheme is important, cant discount that. But losing some key depth there is hurting and will continue too for a while. My thoughts. I'm sure this will get spun back to Coaches D and certainly G. But lets not leave out our recruiting coordinator and DL coach as well.

Advertisement
Some point to safety issues, some to lack of LB depth. I point toward the DL play/depth. They got pushed around versus the two big schools we played this year and last year it was a habit as well. If you look at our recruiting of this position in the eligibility chart, we are in deep **** if we don't get better here.
Sure scheme is important, cant discount that. But losing some key depth there is hurting and will continue too for a while. My thoughts. I'm sure this will get spun back to Coaches D and certainly G. But lets not leave out our recruiting coordinator and DL coach as well.

It all starts and stops with Golden...

Lol we're four years in man....It's too late....And I refuse to believe we have less talent on our d line than McNugget State does and they played Nebraska better than we did....it's the scheme and defensive play calling, point blank period.

Seriously we still think its players? Lots of teams in the ACC not named FSU would kill for the talent we have in the front 7 right now including our DTs.

Advertisement
Watch the 4th quarter and OT of the FSU/Clemsoning game and watch the impact Eddie Goldman had alone. We are improved at DT but we don't dominate upfront

We are in the top 10 percent in quality defensive tackles. Just so happens we have the worst defensive coaching staff ever assembled. You could name 50 schools that would trip over themselves for our DTs.

Advertisement
Seriously we still think its players? Lots of teams in the ACC not named FSU would kill for the talent we have in the front 7 right now including our DTs.

No joke. Real talk everyone in the ACC (including Lousiville) not named FSU/Clemson would straight up trade their roster for ours. That isn't even a question. We have never been to the ACCCG

I'm an alum and a fan of this program of over 30 years. If I had a son/nephew who was, say, a 4-star, and had legitimate aspirations for the NFL, I couldn't in good conscience recommend that he play for these clowns. To do so would be to tell the kid to flush dollars down the toilet. This staff is actively engaged in value-destruction. Taking top round talent and turning it into UDFA talent. Taking top quality clay and molding it into ish. Not to mope, but it's come to this thanks to Folden and Dorito.

Advertisement
I don't think many DTs would want to play nickel corner as they'd be asked to do in our scheme.

Jesus ****** christ at thinking this has anything to do with the players anymore.

Jesus ****** CHRIST

DTs are playing fine. Actually thought Jenkins played better than Hertelou in Lincoln, on much less snaps. Nebraskas would run on most teams with just 7 in the box all night.

Advertisement
THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE PLAYERS ANYMORE. THE PLAYERS FOUGHT HARD MAN. THEY ARE OUTMANNED UP FRONT. ITS A NUMBERS GAME. YOU NEED TO PUT AN EXTRA SAFETY IN THE BOX TO GIVE THE THREAT. WE CONSTANTLY SIT BACK AND LET THE OTHER TEAM DICTATE HOW THE GAME IS GOING TO BE PLAYED

DTs are playing fine. Actually thought Jenkins played better than Hertelou in Lincoln, on much less snaps. Nebraskas would run on most teams with just 7 in the box all night.

Wish we had 7 in the box all night. Seemed more like 6 on most snaps.

Wish we had 7 in the box all night. Seemed more like 6 on most snaps.

You are right. We play a lot of snaps with 5 or 6 in the box. Basically our staff played the equivalent of 9 or 10 v 11 all night.

In this defense we're going to continue getting the blue-collar, hard-worker NT types that don't mind being space eaters. Not that many 5 star DTs want to be a part of that.

If we played more of an attacking style defense, we would see an improvement in that area (at least in terms of talent).

Advertisement
Back