If This Doesn't Put A Smile On Your Face, IDK What Will

Advertisement
Why would u want players to be scared of their HC? I've never heard of that before in my life.

U want a player friendly coach who is well respected. That's the coaches players run through a wall for.
I used to hear Schnelly was scary. He was old school, a product of Bear Bryant.

So, the team that danced so much on the field, the NCAA made a rule against it isn't allowed to dance in the locker room now? It's good to see Manny connecting with the kids. You can have fun and still hold the respect of your players. ****, they'll probably respect you more knowing you're not a tight ***. There's plenty of video of Jimmy clowning around with players both at Miami and in Dallas.

Of course everyone loves the enthusiasm

We ALL love the potential and energy. The drive...the direction...the attitude

Not taking away from everyone's excitement.....and strictly speaking only for myself....

I've seen and heard and enjoyed all the preseason hype that I can digest for now....You guys can carry on and have at it....no problem...because for now...so far we're undefeated

But from now on....while I'm always optimistic.....I'm taking the I'm from Missouri approach....I'll wait to see some solid results on the field before I start really getting into the hype and forecasting end results

I'm saving my proclamations and celebrations till after 8/24 and beyond.....remember its a long season....
and we won't be on the field playing by ourselves

Last edited:
Advertisement
What are we, FSU fans that are a hooting and a hollering over shirtless dudes?

College aged players need to respect their HC (and assistants), not fear them. They may be afraid to make stupid mistakes, or not give full effort, but they should not need to walk on eggshells around them.

Advertisement
Al Golden: What's up Nesta
Nesta: What you doing hear chump lol...

Screenshot_20190604-153538.png

Attila never ate with the Huns...just saying

We don't have a clue ...what or where Attila ate

But we do know that he didn't stare into his mens eye's while dancing....except for the ones that rode the pastel colored horses bare back.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
They might not have Danced, but players still acted a Fool under Butch in their own way....If there was Smart Phones and Social Media when JJ & Butch were HCs, we'd have collapsed the entire Internet....
We'd gotten the death penalty for sure.all kinds of crazy stuff went on.they don't call us thug u for no reason.I remember some talk o f shooting John Madden Windows when his touring bus came to town.was just joking but we had a good laugh.Madden the commentator didn't like to fly.so he had a tour bus/motor home to go wherever he'd be broadcasting at.

True. Saban is just like a shrewd business man in corporate America. I guarantee none of those players have a close personal relationship with him, and if it weren't for Saban getting them to the league, they wouldn't want to play for him.
I remember Channing Crowder telling a story on his radio show about when Saban was the coach of the Dolphins and a player collapsed in the locker room and was having a seizure or going into convulsions and Saban literally stepped over him, Went into his office and shut the door. Didn’t even stop to see if the dude was ok. I don’t say this with admiration but Saban’s a sociopathic savage.

Advertisement
Back