If this doesn’t make ****ed off, you’ve checked out

Advertisement
And another thing... How many references and clips do you think that espn will show of Skip Holtz daddy and his 1988 ND squad jobbing the “convicts” and going on to win the title. Prepare yourself for that.

giphy.gif

I'm gonna put as much effort into this bowl game as Ivey did on the GT punt safe play. Got an email from Miami about bowl game tickets. I didn't even open it, just went straight to the trash. Not only no, but **** no are you getting anymore of my money.

Advertisement
From rabid about Canes football to ambivalence. I was there before the run, and during the down years of probation. The past almost 20 years has just about burned the passion of this team from me, but I will alway be a fan, just can't stop. The NCAA as much as the AD/BoT has has ruined the game for me as they have allowed the game to be bought by certain teams and turned a blind eye, when penalizing others. Rules changes have taken a lot of the emotion out and it is so subjective, but that is another gripe.

As for the game, I don't hold a lot of hope. Two of our best defenders are sitting out, and the offense has been abysmal. If it would lead to changes, I could stomach a loss, but it won't. If we lose it will be just another notch on the failure belt of Blake James.

The truth hurts. I can remember back in the day after every season we would lose 2-3 coaches. Nowadays, people are like “Nope, let’s go get the OL coach from Georgia to be our HC, we really don’t need any coach from Floral Cables”.

"Back in the day, after every season..."

Yeah, literally three decades ago.

Even Pitt was a force in the seventies. If they were taking about their accomplishments from back then ten years ago, we'd laugh them out of the room.

We're still literally comparing modern-era Miami to an unprecedented run in the 1980s? Long gone era, my man. Like prehistoric.

Advertisement

I bet neither Baker nor Manny would've imagined they'd be projected to lose to the team & coach that they both left for 'greener pastures'. Hopefully it lights a fire under their áss to light a fire under this team...

Someone should tweet this screenshot to Manny Baker & Patke, the former LaTech crew... I'm not on Twitter

Last edited:
"Back in the day, after every season..."

Yeah, literally three decades ago.

Even Pitt was a force in the seventies. If they were taking about their accomplishments from back then ten years ago, we'd laugh them out of the room.

We're still literally comparing modern-era Miami to an unprecedented run in the 1980s? Long gone era, my man. Like prehistoric.

You've reiterated my point exactly. Many thanks.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This right here is the very crux of the whole issue with this team. That fact that these players decide when and when not to show up for games based on their whims is an indictment of Diaz's leadership ability. The players don't fear Diaz. He is their buddy and that is the problem. If Diaz is to have any chance of ever succeeding here, he needs to be a head coach the players fear. They can like him all they want but if they don't fear the consequences of disrespecting him with poor effort then Diaz cannot function and this team is doomed under him.

This is exactly why Manny won’t succeed. He’s trying to be a buddy to the players... a peer, a friend. You can see it in his body language on the sideline. When things are going well in the game, he’s chest bumping and high-fiving his players. But when things go bad, he has no answer and players just ignore him. This is typically not a quality that you can change as a coach. We have plenty of talent but the team is charmin soft like their coach.
This also extends to members of his coaching staff. They likely don’t respect him either. He’s got one more year before he flames out. My prediction is that he’s canned mid-season 2020 but we’ll see.

The entire reason I came here this morning is because I just saw that mt

Its
as Diaz said “this team decides when to turn it on and off” the fact that they have a choice is the reason he shouldn’t be coach. Or maybe bench those ******* ******* that decide when to play or not

How about we strip some scholarships....that would be a selling point to potential players who have pride, self respect, a work ethic and who want to win above all else. They don’t want to be dragging along a bunch of dead weight. I take all of that back, in order to do that we would need a school that wants a good football program versus one who only wants a lucrative football program.

Advertisement
Back