If there was ever a situation where Dorsey to OC made sense

TheSwagger1

Retired staff
Premium
... this is it, right?

Richt wants to be more hands on, has legit creds as an OC, and is the boss but will need someone putting more hours into the actual OC spot than he can give himself.... Dorsey's the guy with a good offensive mind and QB-coach experience who most agree has nice potential but would need some honing. A spot where his NFL experience would probably demand he not take a demotion at college to anything less than OC, but where you aren't quite sure he's ready for OC?

Advertisement
Makes too much sense. FWIW, you talk to Georgia fans and they'll tell you Georgia's best (offensive) years were when Richt was doing the playcalling.

It makes perfect sense but does Richt even know dorsey?

richt isn't a typical alum as he's been with UGA for fifteen years

Advertisement
Spot on....

If Dorsey were the OC with Richt as the HC, we'd be loaded at the QB spot top-to-bottom....

... this is it, right?

Richt wants to be more hands on, has legit creds as an OC, and is the boss but will need someone putting more hours into the actual OC spot than he can give himself.... Dorsey's the guy with a good offensive mind and QB-coach experience who most agree has nice potential but would need some honing. A spot where his NFL experience would probably demand he not take a demotion at college to anything less than OC, but where you aren't quite sure he's ready for OC?

I'm not opposed to it as long as Richt is calling the plays on gameday (for the time being). But I'd really love to see him go after Tyson Helton. I know he's expected to join Smart at UGA but I think he's got a chance of convincing him to come to Miami.

Advertisement
I'm not opposed to it as long as Richt is calling the plays on gameday (for the time being). But I'd really love to see him go after Tyson Helton. I know he's expected to join Smart at UGA but I think he's got a chance of convincing him to come to Miami.

Based on Richt's comments I assume he will be.

Advertisement
Back