If there was any doubt about King being the man:

Advertisement
Underscores what a racket the NCAA has become. The more NIL becomes the norm, the more ridiculous the NCAA will look in hindsight.

Tear it down.
Yep. Dismantling it will expose that the NCAA headquarters are a facade. No one works there, and havent for nearly a decade. All they’ll find is dust and some lease agreements with a car rental company in Alabama.

Yep. Dismantling it will expose that the NCAA headquarters are a facade. No one works there, and havent for nearly a decade. All they’ll find is dust and some lease agreements with a car rental company in Alabama.
I was listening to ESPN sports radio this morning, and the hosts were discussing a lot of inside chatter (FWIW) that eventually the Power 5 conferences will break away from the NCAA to form their own governing board.

Burn it down!

King is thinking the long game. Not only is he monetizing himself now, he’s working to monetize his teammates, and with his (and Milton McKenzie) company they’ll organize others. And make money from it.

D’Eriq King, QB/Entrepreneur.

Advertisement
King know the $$$'s will only come with wins and team cohesiveness. Pulling together in this tug of war will only pay off with a strong OL, and stout D. Lethargic plays and losses will not help NIL profiles.

Advertisement
I was listening to ESPN sports radio this morning, and the hosts were discussing a lot of inside chatter (FWIW) that eventually the Power 5 conferences will break away from the NCAA to form their own governing board.

Burn it down!

And it will be called, something like.... The National Collegiate Athletic Association.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Leadership is important. When JJ took Russell Maryland as the first pick to the Cowboys he stressed how important Russell had been as a leader for the Hurricanes. JJ was right. Think of the leaders we've had..."I'm hurt dog"...Ed Reed for example.

You know, I really really wish this kid can walk away from the University of Miami with a championship ring. I know a lot of the past greats deserved a title, but this kid man..... I have always believed the UCLA game in '98 was start of Miami's 2nd run. I believe this kid could be the start of Miami's 3rd.

Underscores what a racket the NCAA has become. The more NIL becomes the norm, the more ridiculous the NCAA will look in hindsight.

Tear it down.
Ya we shall see. Painting football players getting into great schools and getting a free education as victims is what stands out to me.

Advertisement
Back