If the SEC offered, would you want Miami to join?

A) No, UM is a better fit and should remain in the Atlantic Coast Conference.

B) If FSU leaves for the SEC. Then and only then Canes gotta go, too.

C) Not yes. But **** YEAH RIGHT NOW if the SEC offers!

D) Even if the ACC implodes, I'd rather UM cobble together an Independent schedule than join the SEC.

Advertisement
A) No, UM is a better fit and should remain in the Atlantic Coast Conference.

B) If FSU leaves for the SEC. Then and only then Canes gotta go, too.

C) Not yes. But **** YEAH RIGHT NOW if the SEC offers!

D) Even if the ACC implodes, I'd rather UM cobble together an Independent schedule than join the SEC.

Not happening acc perception is definitely increasing

If Free Shoes left for the SEC and UM stayed in the ACC, do you think there would still be an annual series?

You'd be OK with the Semenholes pulling the same crap the Gayturds did after 1987?

I certainly don't think FSU is any less chicken**** than UFag. I'm sure Jumbo would be glad to drop the Canes.

Last edited:
Besides Vanderbilt, not one SEC school matches our schools identity. Several schools do in the ACC. I doubt very highly that we'll ever be in another conference.

Advertisement

If Free Shoes left for the SEC and UM stayed in the ACC, do you think there would still be annual series?

You'd be OK with the Semenholes pulling the same crap the Gayturds did after 1987?

I certainly don't think FSU is any less chicken**** than UFag. I'm sure Jumbo would be glad to drop the Canes.

we've only been in the same conference since 2004. we played annually when we were in the big east, but in an era when texas and texas a&m can cancel a series, who knows.

Not thinking about leaving until we finally win the ****** Coastal & the ACC...

Also, **** FSU! Idgaf what they do or where they go, what we do should never be dictated around whatever they're doing.

Advertisement
The question is hypothetical of course.

Yes, there are long-term contracts.

But ESPN — which is driving these things — is hemorrhaging red ink and it's not likely to get any better with millions of subscribers cutting the cord.

Regardless of what those agreements might say (and who here has seen the fine print), I don't see any way the four-letter network is paying the likes of Wake Forest, Boston College, Pitt and others $20 million per year in this environment for ... a handful of football games, a dozen or so basketball games and a bunch of sports friends and family will be streaming through lheir laptops.

It will be a lot more economically feasible to fold a few of the ACC's top brands into the existing SEC Network infrastructure.

If Free Shoes left for the SEC and UM stayed in the ACC, do you think there would still be annual series?

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Yeah, why would he want that automatic win every year? He's undefeated against Miami. 7 and 0. Do you people really believe this hot air you spew?

But ESPN — which is driving these things — is hemorrhaging red ink and it's not likely to get any better with millions of subscribers cutting the cord.

Regardless of what those agreements might say (and who here has seen the fine print), I don't see any way the four-letter network is paying the likes of Wake Forest, Boston College, Pitt and others $20 million per year in this environment for ... a handful of football games, a dozen or so basketball games and a bunch of sports friends and family will be streaming through lheir laptops.

It will be a lot more economically feasible to fold a few of the ACC's top brands into the existing SEC Network infrastructure.
Those pussies up in Gaynesville would block us from joining the SEC, the same way Texas & Oklahoma blocked H-Town from joining the Big XII...

Miami (even hypothetically) ain't leaving the ACC... Our Basketball & Baseball programs are also fairly lucrative for the conference along with Football.

Plus, we shouldn't want to leave anyway, it would make us look incredibly weak if we left before we ever won a Conference Title.

Advertisement
**** FSU! Idgaf what they do or where they go, what we do should never be dictated around whatever they're doing.

Agree with the sentiment :clapping1:

But I think losing the annual Home-and-Home with Florida State — something we've been doing since 1972 — would have very negative ramifications for UM Football.

Especially on top of losing the series with Florida that was played every single year from 1944-1987 until UF picked up their ball and went home.

Advertisement

ESPN is at the moment still profitable, and it looks to continue to be profitable for a least a few more years. Though it is true that their overall trajectory is currently going downward. ESPN itself is a bloated company that pays its employees far too much for the jobs that they do. It has gotten away with it just because of how profitable sports TV has been the past couple of decades, it can and will eventually trim down like any good corporation should.

The price of these TV contracts are already inflated in my opinion, and as people continue to cut the cord companies like ESPN will just pay less for the rights to broadcast. That doesn't mean conferences will die or fold into each other, just that they will themselves be less profitable, but still make money overall. If ESPN does not buy them, someone else will.

The real problem at ESPN and many other networks is that they still have not figured out how to effectively monetize online viewership of sports.

To answer your original question, I think we should stay in the ACC. It's an easy path for us to the ACC championship game - or at least it should be.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Yeah, why would he want that automatic win every year? He's undefeated against Miami. 7 and 0. Do you people really believe this hot air you spew?

If FSU got in the SEC, you'd best believe the coaches and administration in Trailerhassee could justify not playing Miami every year.

Just like Florida has already done.

can't look at it solely from a Football perspective. Miami is the epitome ACC school

The SEC is an unhealthy mix of toxic perpetually insecure fan bases that expect to win at higher levels than is actually possible, and who will cheat and throw outrageous sums of money toward the kind of winning that's just too hard for most of them to do. Someone always has to lose.

Advertisement
Back