If the 2020 Season Is Cancelled - Questions

I agree... players get hardship waivers all the time, for example, Scott Patchan is a 6 year senior. Eligibility is the key word here and if this season is cancelled, no eligibility was used. Same as sitting out a year after a transfer or redshirting.

If next season doesn’t happen Patchan will almost be finishing up his second term as president.

Advertisement
1. Does everyone still lose a year of eligibility with the 2020 season counting?

2. If not, for the 2021 season does the NCAA make a one year allowance for the number of scholarships and increase it? If they are stuck at 85, we could see chaos the likes that has never been seen before as programs push out veteran players to make room for incoming freshmen.

3. If yes, certain teams who were more upperclassmen to begin with now have a huge advantage going into 2021.

4,. How does this affect the stock of players entering the 2021 draft? Does the NFL base their performances on 2019 and try to project? Or do individual workouts now become premium?

Again, I think this is unlikely - but curious what you all think.
Nostradamus would have to think on the answers, and still be doubtful on predictions........LOL

Ohio State just announced all on campus summer classes through the end of July have been suspended.

Advertisement
Almost zero chance the season plays out as it normally would. Would they try to play games in the summer and fall and finish in the spring? I could see a scenario where every sport is playing next Spring. The earliest we will see a vaccine is Q1 2021. So sports with fans are done until then unless the virus does a 180 from forecasts.

We really needed this season with King taking over at QB IMHO. Would have given Van Dyke a season to learn and hopefully play in garbage time. There are more important things going on but no football this year will hold our program back.

Folks if we don't have a season next year, the least of our problems will be football. Actually if you don't opened this bad boy up soon this whole thing is going to collapse : we all realize we have no economy/ productivity going on, we are broke at the local, state ( actually Florida has reserves), and Federal levels, all we are doing is printing money, and we were already 20 trillion in debt from the last administrations. You best get this baby humming again. If you think there is going to be damage with this virus, wait on the collateral damage to the third world countries that depend on aid from the G 20's for basics like food, medicine, et. and the G 20's. Its going to make this virus look like a walked in the park.

Advertisement
the part is to get correct numbers, and quit modeling crap that is basically blowing numbers out of their butts: I have never heard that you do modeling and then wait for your sample size, W.T,F. : we are only doing testing for those who think they have sypmtoms ; what kind of sampling is that: there are probably millions in the general population that probably have already gone through : Also new study numbers those affected most with the virus : diabetic & pre diabetic makes sense

Advertisement

All points I've made but now it's coming from the NFL's chief medical officer. Not great.

Pretty sure each NFL team can afford several of those Abbott machines.

So you test the entire roster over a couple of days that it’s going to take in mini camp, you get one positive, entire team goes under quarantine for 14 to 21 days

Season over for that team.

Unless you bring in each player isolated from every other player one at a time. I don’t even know how you do that.

Then they’ll probably test them a week into mini camp or summer camp. Everybody.

Closer to it gets to it, quite honestly, I don’t see how there’s going to be an NFL or college football season in the current environment we are in.

And full stadiums? I’m sorry I think that ship has sailed.

I hate myself for even thinking it. I hope I’m dead wrong

Pretty sure each NFL team can afford several of those Abbott machines.

So you test the entire roster over a couple of days that it’s going to take in mini camp, you get one positive, entire team goes under quarantine for 14 to 21 days

Season over for that team.

Unless you bring in each player isolated from every other player one at a time. I don’t even know how you do that.

Then they’ll probably test them a week into mini camp or summer camp. Everybody.

Closer to it gets to it, quite honestly, I don’t see how there’s going to be an NFL or college football season in the current environment we are in.

And full stadiums? I’m sorry I think that ship has sailed.

I hate myself for even thinking it. I hope I’m dead wrong

The hope is with those testing machines the 2 week quarantine isn't required. I don't know the maximum incubation period for the virus before you would get an accurate test. Either way it's hard to envision most sports operating under that environment. Maybe hockey could manage in a centralized pod of 30 teams with full hockey masks to prevent transmission from team to team, and if a player tests positive you reschedule that team's games. That's still a lot of hoops to jump through just to televise some games.

It's wishful thinking and outright denial to ignore these challenges and assume everything will go smoothly. Seems like the NFL is operating that way despite the objections of their own medical experts. It could just be public posturing though.

Obviously, losing football is a sacrifice I would think everyone would make if necessary.

Still, we get a QB with the skillset I've been asking for over a decade now, and it never happens. Feels like purgatory man. I truly believe he is the guy to make this an exciting destination school, in particular since he's basically how every local QB plays.

Advertisement
The year we finally get a game changing QB, a possible Heisman candidate, and a plague is gonna wipe out the season.

Can’t make it up, we’re cursed.

the only thing ill say with that is when the season is cancelled, king has more to prove than most by coming back another year. he could've left to the NFL draft this year but didnt bc he wanted to prove more on the field. still doesnt change anything for him. that being said, i wouldn't come back if i were him, but he did choose to stay in college when he didnt need to. now, for guys like lawrence and fields, there is no reason to come back.

Maybe it’s just me but having social distancing enforced and masks recommended with all the other precautions.

I just don’t see once the virus eases all of a sudden it’s ok for 80,000 people to be elbow to elbow for 4-5 hours yelling sweating.

Does anyone else see a problem with this happening this year in any sport with crowed venues .

Or one day CORONA VIRUS the next week crowded stadiums .

Advertisement
Back