If Tate Martell starts....

If Tate Martell starts and has a great game like for instance a 70% completion percentage over 250 yards passing with 70 yards rushing and a win does it justify him being the starter for next season or being better than jarren or nkosi? Thoughts?

If this happens, trust me when I say my P.O level is going to be at an all time high. My hope is Tate starts, we win, but he's not overwhelming in his performance so I can justify why he didn't start for 12 games....but if he explodes like this, yeah.......my anger will be at an all time high b/c that means we probably ****ed away a golden opportunity for a NY6 bowl bid and ACC Coastal title.

Advertisement
As others have noted, doing against La Tech is meaningless.

He's a reserve until he shows that he can be productive against the upper echelon of college football; You know, teams like Ga Tech, Duke, UNC and FIU. Then he can be considered a potential starter.

LOL.

I say give Matouche and Van Dyke a real chance this Spring. Let youth take over if they can cease the opportunity.

I remember a couple years ago when Malik was playing like áss everybody was begging for Nkosi. Then last year he played like áss and everyone was clamoring for Jarren. Now he's playing like áss and everyone wants to see Tate. Notice the pattern?

The backup qb is the backup for a reason, he's more áss then the guys in front of him. And now everyone wants to start to a headcase qb who's priority hasn't been football for months... CIS logic. Hate the coaches all you want but they're gonna play the guys who give them the best chance to win and that ain't Tate.
Well **** we ain’t winning with none of them mfs. Try anything to fix the problem

Advertisement
If Tate Martell starts and has a great game like for instance a 70% completion percentage over 250 yards passing with 70 yards rushing and a win does it justify him being the starter for next season or being better than jarren or nkosi? Thoughts?
I'd play him in this game because one in front of him is a head case and the other one sucks. No way in **** should he be starting next year, I'd play one of the two freshmen and I hate playing freshmen QB's. All three of our top QB's shouldn't be playing for Miami.

Advertisement
Thats not the point of this thread. I didnt bring Jarren up, you did.
So the point of this thread is not should Martell get a fair shake at starting if he starts, has a good game, and wins????????????

WTF is the point of this thread then

Spring will determine starter next year but if Tate has a great game (he is starting barring an unforeseen setback), he'll be the leader and Jarren will likely transfer next year
All 3 should transfer they don't belong at Miami. Maybe Miami of Ohio. It's a waste of time playing any of them. Play Martell one half and the freshmen the other. This is a meaningless game.

I remember a couple years ago when Malik was playing like áss everybody was begging for Nkosi. Then last year he played like áss and everyone was clamoring for Jarren. Now he's playing like áss and everyone wants to see Tate. Notice the pattern?

The backup qb is the backup for a reason, he's more áss then the guys in front of him. And now everyone wants to start to a headcase qb who's priority hasn't been football for months... CIS logic. Hate the coaches all you want but they're gonna play the guys who give them the best chance to win and that ain't Tate.
Pattern I see is a long line of backups battling each other. The old phrase is something like if you are unsure who your starting QB is, you don’t have a starting QB. We haven’t on a QB in almost 20 years. Last hit was Dorsey. I pray TVD is a hit.

Last edited:
So the point of this thread is not should Martell get a fair shake at starting if he starts, has a good game, and wins????????????

WTF is the point of this thread then

Nothing Tate does against this team should factor into him starting next season, is my point. That has nothing to Jarren

Advertisement
No, any of our QBs could do that once. But it would put him back in the conversation.

Enos said Tates done well at the last 4 practices. Take that for what’s its worth as far as the QB comp goes. We need to see the guy in live action fire at some point to know what we’ve got in him.

Don't care how bad Jarren and Kosi are, Tate shouldnt be allowed to start after taking multiple "personal days" after it was announced he didn't win the job. If he had stayed with the team all year, I have no issue giving him a shot but dude straight up left the team and now comes back for the bowl.

Advertisement
If this happens, trust me when I say my P.O level is going to be at an all time high. My hope is Tate starts, we win, but he's not overwhelming in his performance so I can justify why he didn't start for 12 games....but if he explodes like this, yeah.......my anger will be at an all time high b/c that means we probably ****ed away a golden opportunity for a NY6 bowl bid and ACC Coastal title.
I was thinking the same thing. But if he kicks major ***, everybody will be scratching their heads... CIS as well. After his initial transfer push very few here had any visions of grandeur for Tate, it was all about Jarren and N'kosi. No sense losing any sleep about what could have been, but if he does light it up on Dec.26, we have more ammunition against the coaches for not doing their job effectively and not seeing talent and potential.
Lets just see what happens Bowl day.

Advertisement
Back