RB Burns
WR Harley
WR Njoku
WR Wiggins
WR Hightower
TE Irvin
TE Hodges

What happened to Harris?

I don't want to rain on any of Yall's 'We Back" parade, because boy I enjoy reading them. But any of you guys ever watch Friday Night football in the state of Florida? There is talent galore at the skills - its the teams with good line play that win - you might say outside of youth football, its the same at all levels. Think Brady would talk about playing till he's 45 if he didn't have one of the best O-lines in the league?

No, I'm not from Missouri, "The Show Me State" but still - every thing I see about 2019 shows the O-Line is still going to be suspect. Yes they improved a little, but we're still hoping guys step up like what didn't happen last year, or banking on Grad transfers.

I've mentioned before, O-lines have to gel, and play together as a unit, and that takes time. Plus we haven't even got a QB yet. And like last year we open up against an SEC front seven - doesn't matter if their QB is inconsistent he'll have more experience then ours and that front seven, even with the guys they lost will be tough because to survive in the SEC, you know very clearly the type of guys you gotta recruit hard, plus they hot the transfer portal hard too. And early on its easier on the D to play well than the O.

One last: remember years ago when some Einstein started paying the great LTs WRs money? That's because an LT is instrumental in 100% of the plays from scrimmage, and a WR maybe 10-15. Follow the logic.

Cam Davis

Like that

Advertisement
I'm most curious to see who our starting TB is. I'm leaning towards Dallas but lingard and Harris are more talented IMO. Also curious who is on the field more, pope or Mallory assuming the starting WR are JT4 and KJ

Nah lingard is just faster.. Dallas has the better vision, wiggle, and catches out of the back field he's the ideal complete workhorse back he'll be the lead back for sure barring an injury and we'll be very pleased with his production..

I expect an average offense at best until I have been shown we have better than average at QB and along the line. Same at receiver, start by catching the balls thrown your way.

Wish I was sold on Enos, but he hasn't shown himself to be elite to this point in his career. That could all change, coaches learn and grow. How much is the question.

I don't expect a night and day change, but just improvement. That shouldn't be hard, but we'll see.

Advertisement
Our line will be better than you think. A huge part of their problem was Mark Richt’s O, not their lack of ability.
What was the reason for the poor o lines for 10 years before Richt. Our offensive lines have been awful for years and I’ll believe in their improvement when I see it

Advertisement
Nah lingard is just faster.. Dallas has the better vision, wiggle, and catches out of the back field he's the ideal complete workhorse back he'll be the lead back for sure barring an injury and we'll be very pleased with his production..

It should be Cam's to lose

I’m probably in the minority but I want to see Lingard show why he was a 5* and take that starting spot.

Advertisement
Can some one show me where our OL is advertised as being anything other than the worst on the ACC?
The recruiting rankings. Not being a smartass but I point that out as my hope js they sucked mostly due to horrible coaching

It was criminal that Mork didn’t play Lingawd more before he got hurt. He should have had 10+ carries in the UNC game at the end.

10-12 carries each for DJ/Lingard/Harris and by mid season whoever shines gets the majority.
Mork was absolutely lost. He was in way over his head. By the time he came to UM the game had very much passed him by. Want proof? Go back and check out the FSU game in 2016. That was one of the biggest corch jobs I have ever seen. We should of beat that squad by 2 tds.

Advertisement
Back