IF OUR OFFENSE IS AS ADVERTISED...

207Cane

Recruit
Its going to be a very exciting year. I just got chills thinking about our O motioning JT or Pope from the spread to a trips set just to isolate Hightower for a 1 on 1 mismatch fly route or the same motion to set up a screen to the slot/motion man. I want to see mesh plays that put our players in space. The best coaches know how to utilize the talents that got the athletes the scholarship in the first place and i hope Enos is that guy. I know some of u guys are very anal on starting threads, i just want to get my fellow **** talkin canes fans something to be optimistic about. We have too many pussimistic i mean pessimistic fans on this board. #GoCanes

Advertisement
I'm interested in seeing how Enos utilizes all these tools at WR, TE and RB, but I'm most interested in seeing the development and coaching up of our QB and O-line. If our O-line can give our QB some time and open up some holes for our RB, then we will have a helluva year.

Advertisement
We won’t see the full potential of this Offense until we get a Muthrrfuggin Offensive Line.
PERIOD

Well, we will soon find out if it truly was the Jimmies and Joes, or the X's and O's. Perhaps the pieces are there for a much better line and they just need coaching. Just about the entire O is a mystery due to the prior staff. With or without Tate it seems as though we have the talent to put up numbers, but can we coach it to the ability?

I'm most curious to see who our starting TB is. I'm leaning towards Dallas but lingard and Harris are more talented IMO. Also curious who is on the field more, pope or Mallory assuming the starting WR are JT4 and KJ
Almost forgot about KJ, thanks for that thrill chill, just wondering who's throwing the rock. Curious to see who Enos chooses for first team reps this spring since we're starting fresh.

Advertisement
I'm most curious to see who our starting TB is. I'm leaning towards Dallas but lingard and Harris are more talented IMO. Also curious who is on the field more, pope or Mallory assuming the starting WR are JT4 and KJ

It was criminal that Mork didn’t play Lingawd more before he got hurt. He should have had 10+ carries in the UNC game at the end.

10-12 carries each for DJ/Lingard/Harris and by mid season whoever shines gets the majority.

Advertisement
Advertisement
A Team

QB Martell
RB Dallas
RB Davis
WR Thomas
WR Pope
WR Osborn
WR Payton
TE Jordan
TE Mallory

B Team

QB Williams
RB Lingard
RB Burns
WR Harley
WR Njoku
WR Wiggins
WR Hightower
TE Irvin
TE Hodges

Its going to be a very exciting year. I just got chills thinking about our O motioning JT or Pope from the spread to a trips set just to isolate Hightower for a 1 on 1 mismatch fly route or the same motion to set up a screen to the slot/motion man. I want to see mesh plays that put our players in space. The best coaches know how to utilize the talents that got the athletes the scholarship in the first place and i hope Enos is that guy. I know some of u guys are very anal on starting threads, i just want to get my fellow **** talkin canes fans something to be optimistic about. We have too many pussimistic i mean pessimistic fans on this board. #GoCanes

Can some one show me where our OL is advertised as being anything other than the worst on the ACC?

So you’re saying running the same 4 plays hurt the offensive line since the D knew what was coming?
Something like that. When fans can tell you what play is coming, you’d better believe opposing coaches and players know. Of all the position groups, I expect the biggest “improvement” to come from the O line. Followed closely by the QBs.

Advertisement
Back