If Miami had beat Pitt

ajsgolf

Recruit
If Miami had beat Pitt but lost a close game to Clemson would they have made the playoff? Hypothetical of course. For the rest of championship week, if Auburn beat Georgia, Oklahoma beat TCU and Wisconsin beat ohio st, could they have still made it? I think if any of the games listed above had a diff outcome Miami would prob have been in but could they have still made it in the above scenario?

Advertisement
No. I think in that scenario it would have been Auburn, OU, Wisky, and Bama. Miami has always had to win the ACCCG to get in. The Pitt loss was horrible, but largely irrelevant in the grand scheme, IMO.

Advertisement
No, because Clemson would still take 1 of the 4 spots and we wouldn't have that quality win over them.

We'd be left out, and ranked either 5th or 6th.

No. I think in that scenario it would have been Auburn, OU, Wisky, and Bama. Miami has always had to win the ACCCG to get in. The Pitt loss was horrible, but largely irrelevant in the grand scheme, IMO.

The only way we could have fought to stay in was to have VT not lose to GT and and Notre Dame not lose to Stanford.

We'd have two wins over Top 11 teams and our only loss would be to #1 .

I could see them keeping Miami in over Wisconsin in that one.

yes. we would have been ranked #1 and no way they drop us out after going thru the regular season undefeated and losing in the acccg

Advertisement
Because they also have a loss to Syracuse. We'd have 1 loss to a top 3 team.

It would depend on how all the other games turned out though.

Advertisement
yes. we would have been ranked [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] and no way they drop us out after going thru the regular season undefeated and losing in the acccg

This is just wrong.

Clemson probably won't get in if they lose to us, and they're ranked #1 right now.

You must just not understand how this works

ok newbie. i hate heather spinach but even she said it last week and she is the closest report to the CFP committee.

Alabama losing to Auburn would have spelled big trouble for us if we lose to Clemson. Maybe, MAYBE we'd get in had Bama been undefeated, and knocked every other SEC team out of contention. Then if OSU beat Wisconsin.

Now, all that is out the window. We need to beat Clemson, and probably always needed to, because the chips aren't falling the way we needed them to in that theoretical scenario.

Advertisement

You are correct Sir.

Ghost, not sure I agree with that premise. I really believe that a one-loss Miami (close loss in ACCCG) would've been in over Bama based on the fact that Bama didn't win their division and isn't even playing in the SECCG. Also think our SOS is much higher than Bama's and that's supposedly a big consideration.

Advertisement
Back