If Miami football is dead, why fear the death penalty?

Poptimus

Senior
Gentlemen, I am going to be brutally honest: if the program isn't dead, it sure as **** is on life support. At least, from a national championship contending perspective. Sure, if we want to flirt with winning the Coastal every few years as the grand prize, by all means, stay the course. But if we want to rejoin the ranks of the big boys, we have to employ the same techniques as them.

The common refrain has been fear about the death penalty given our history. And I get that, I do. But you can't fear death if you're already dead. Recruits weren't even born the last time we were relevant, and that's not going to get any better in the future unless things change. What recruits would want to sign up for this disaster? Well, recruits that are compen$ated. The ultimate paradox is that you need top recruits to win games, but you need to win games to get top recruits.

And spare me that our blue chip recruit ratio is 51%. That's a joke. I'm talking about snagging a few 5 stars a la Mack fvckin' Brown just bagged one and changing the course. The top programs do it, we don't. The top programs play for championships, we don't. See the correlation? No, this is not an excuse for our crappy coaching, that is an entirely different conversation I'll let the other 293 threads here address.

Advertisement
Not disrespect, but I didn’t read because I know, or heard anything that can be said about the program at this point.

Because we need boosters who believe the money would go to good use. This administration doesn’t inspire confidence

Advertisement
We need a real coaching staff. We have good players per the recruiting rankings. They aren’t being developed or coached.

Because Miami would be loaded with overrated, lazy 5 stars like FSU and perform even worse. We don't have coaches who know how to evaluate talent.

Remember- Baxa was the #1 kicker in the country. Realus George was the #1 fullback. A legit ST coach would look at Baxas 40% FG rate in HS and say, "**** no."
Miami, on the other hand, pats itself on the back for getting "top rated" players like Baxa and George. Then they get kids like Mallory and ask them to do things they aren't good at (Mallory cant block, but that wont stop Miami from asking him to)

Well smu is now ranked for the first time since 1987 or something. I think our fans will get impatient

Advertisement
Back