If Manny loses to FSU we’ll need to shut this board down for 3 months

JeddTheFisch

Fischin'
There's a lot of football to be played between now and 11/2.
Right now we have to do what is expected the next to weeks then comes another barometer check vs VT.

How about this...
What if we beat FSU soundly?
At this point, there is no reasonable argument that we are going to "beat F$U soundly." There is no evidence to suggest this will occur.

TheEye

Cane Grad!
Dude. Really? We lost to a "Top 10 team" and UNC exploited our weaknesses. I get it. But when you're talking about FSU who needed 2OT to beat UL Monroe...
Exactly. Now imagine losing...

NJshoreCane

Senior
At this point, there is no reasonable argument that we are going to "beat F$U soundly." There is no evidence to suggest this will occur.
You are right.
If anything, at this point, I see a close game filled with mental mistakes and ST gaffs that will go down to the wire.
Given our first 2 games, how could we expect anything else?

But it was really a rhetorical question.
It is completely senseless to ask the "what ifs" and how the board will react on the FSU game in 7 weeks.

OriginalGatorHater

Sophomore
Nobody in CFB would bat an eye if we lost to FSU. We're irrelevant. 2-7 in our last 9. We would be in a dog fight at best against any P5 program except maybe Rutgers.
I agree that no one would be shocked, but if you head over to other CFB websites they are all laughing at us for our current hire. The only teams getting mocked more are Tenn and FSU. If we lost to FSU we are going to be the butt of all jokes.

coffeecane

Redshirt Freshman
This is the worst Miami-F$U matchup in over 40 years. The game will be filled with stupefyingly infantile mistakes, sprinkled with with the fruits of ineptitude.
Last year's was probably worse. At least both teams are showing some sort of offense this year.