If Jimbo bolts to LSU and UM & FSU are open at the same time

01Canes

Senior
ESPN's Joe Schad: https://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/670357991623905280

There's a lot of smoke about LSU viewing Jimbo Fisher as their No. 1 target to be Les Miles' successor. If Jimbo leaves Florida State to fill LSU's expected head-coaching vacancy, then it would mark the first time that Miami and FSU are looking for new head coaches at the same time since 1971.

Worst case scenario (IMO) would be UM prioritizing offensively-challenged retreads and placing heavy emphasis on South Florida recruiting ties while FSU goes after candidates we should be coveting, i.e. top-tier options potentially looking for a change of scenery (Patterson, Chip, Gundy) and extremely promising up and comers (Herman).

This could mark a turning point for both programs. Hope Jimbo stays at FSU, and we don't limit our search to Charlie Strong and "Miami men."

Advertisement
When Michigan opened up they expected Miles to go.

When Texas opened up, they expected Saban to go.

It could happen, but I don't see any logic in Jimbo starting over in a tougher conference when he is a game away from the playoffs every year at FSU......

It really depends on what UM will offer the new coach, money will matter but other things like, indoor practice facility, incentives, things that have been neglected while Donna was in charge. We will have to show the new coach we are putting a priority on becoming an elite football program. I honestly believe that has kept us from hiring a "big time" coach in the past.

Fisher already makes $5M+ at FSU. Unless LSU offers a financial package FSU can't or won't match why leave?

Advertisement
As long as FSU didn't land Chip Kelly I am good. If they Landed Chip Kelly that would worry me big time. To me Jimbo is a Les Mile Clone. Has the number one or two recruiting classes but drops 3 games a year.

Winston saved Jimbo

FSU is a better, more prestigious program than LSU.

I know the SEC slurpers don't want to hear this.....But aside from Saban and Urban, the SEC has been an afterthought conference. With Urban moving on and Saban getting older, it will continue to slide back to its rightful place.

Advertisement
Is there ANY possibility the Noles could land an elite coach other than Kelly? Someone of Saban's caliber? It's my understanding that there's a rape scandal that's about to blow up there.

Advertisement
With his divorce, Jimbo may want a change of scenery. And he loved his time at LSU.

LSU is eating a big chunk of Miles buyout, so I don't see them having a problem throwing some good money at Jimbo.

Advertisement
Some in Texas believe Strong is FSU bound if Jimbo leaves.

That would be wonderful news for us.

We would be destroying them for years if they hired that joke.

Careful what you wish for strong with a good OC could be a real problem and he would still own south florida recruits believe it or not,im of course assuming we dont get someone like butch or herman big time hire etc

Some in Texas believe Strong is FSU bound if Jimbo leaves.

That would be wonderful news for us.

We would be destroying them for years if they hired that joke.

Careful what you wish for strong with a good OC could be a real problem and he would still own south florida recruits believe it or not,im of course assuming we dont get someone like butch or herman big time hire etc

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Jimbo isnt a good coach but he won a titke because of recruiting like every other great recruiter, they win with those differwnce makers. Talwnt and difference makers r two wayyy different things.

Advertisement
Back