" If " it's Butch

Advertisement
The fact you guys are concerned about his ability to build a staff is laughable at worst, and comical at best

HOW MANY head coaches did this man field on his first go around????

It's Butch I heard they are announcing it today at noon -Don't Kill the messenger

Source?

My boy just stay tuned

From SiriusXM:

1:00 pm - 4:00 pm, The Playbook -
Longtime college sports insider Jack Arute brings his years of knowledge and expertise to the airwaves and discusses the latest news around college athletics. Jack's co-host every Tuesday is Butch Davis.

I listened to some of it yesterday. Butch was on. If his regular day is Tuesday, I don't know why he was on Monday. Will he be on today? Not if he's in a presser, at Coral Gables.

I was ok with butch as a fall back , not his biggest fan . But if he's hired I'll know four things will happen

1. The team will be tough , his practices are legendary
2. We'll be physical, noses will be bloodied
3. There'll be talent , best evaluator I've seen
4. The staff will be good, especially with the money being talked about.

I preferred other guys, and I still have concerns , but we could've done way worse.

Let's get it

I didn't love Butch that much when he was here, but my Lord, that the next 4 years proved I was an idiot. All those thing you listed above are the exact reasons Butch was the exact right hire today. One more win because of each of them and where are we next year?

I was ok with butch as a fall back , not his biggest fan . But if he's hired I'll know four things will happen

1. The team will be tough , his practices are legendary
2. We'll be physical, noses will be bloodied
3. There'll be talent , best evaluator I've seen
4. The staff will be good, especially with the money being talked about.

I preferred other guys, and I still have concerns , but we could've done way worse.

Let's get it

Your 4th point is the most important one, and I'm not sold.

Given the last ten years, being scared about staff is high on my list too. But since Butch pushed out 3 NFL HC's last time here, I am guessing any assistant he calls will sure as heck pick up the phone.

Advertisement
Anybody complaining about Butch being hired is a complete idiot. Yes, there are better coaches out there...but you're an even bigger idiot if you though Miami was really going to pay enough to get those guys. Butch is a home run when compared to Wario, Monkey boy, and 95% of the names mentioned that were real possibilities.

The fact you guys are concerned about his ability to build a staff is laughable at worst, and comical at best

OTOH, he stuck with Bill Miller much too long, and Blake and Shoop were disasters.

JJ said that Butch was the best recruiter and talent evaluater during their time together at UM. Safest pick no more experiments.

A lot.

Coker - won with Butch's players. Fired
Shannon - Sucked. Fired
Curtis Johnson - Sucked. Fired
Chud - Fired after 1.5 years.
Schiano - Success at Rutgers. Utter failure with the Bucs
Pagano - Successful. Best of the bunch

Advertisement
What Butch Davis did with the Miami program that was absolutely decimated with sanctions might be the best coaching job in the history of football.

We had 58 players on scholarship in 1997.

Butch had no budget for assistants and the worst facilities in the country.

This time around he has excellent facilities and a huge assistant budget.

He has the potential to do what Nick Saban is doing at Bama.

Anybody complaining about Butch being hired is a complete idiot. Yes, there are better coaches out there...but you're an even bigger idiot if you though Miami was really going to pay enough to get those guys. Butch is a home run when compared to Wario, Monkey boy, and 95% of the names mentioned that were real possibilities.

CaneTime01....you are a fool.

Compare any of Butch's staffs to what we have now.

A lot.

Coker - won with Butch's players. Fired
Shannon - Sucked. Fired
Curtis Johnson - Sucked. Fired
Chud - Fired after 1.5 years.
Schiano - Success at Rutgers. Utter failure with the Bucs
Pagano - Successful. Best of the bunch

What Butch Davis did with the Miami program that was absolutely decimated with sanctions might be the best coaching job in the history of football.

One huge difference.... Butch and Miami don't have $EC money bags.

so now u on board?

Advertisement
And Butch didn't have money bags the first go round, either.

He doesn't need them. He is the #1 evaluator and a top recruiter.

We will have big-time classes every year whether we know the names or not.

The SEC can try all it wants. We don't have a child as the CEO anymore....We have a real leader....

One huge difference.... Butch and Miami don't have $EC money bags.

Advertisement
Back