If it is Mario, would you be upset if Lashlee is retained?

I’d be ok with it but I think TVD will make anyone look good. If an offense is equal parts run and pass, he’s still failing at half of his job. I don’t know enough to determine how much is line play and how much is play design, but we can’t run, which puts unnecessary stress on the QB/passing game. Think of how many games have been close because of our inability to run.

Add to that, we are awful at the goal line. Awful in 3rd and 4th and short. We are still so dependent on the passing game because we can't burn clock and pick up cheap first downs running the ball late in games. This is fine against mediocre teams but this won't work against even just good teams.

Advertisement
If it’s Lane, there will be no Lashlee.

If it’s Mario, I will trust his judgement if he retains or decides to move on from Lashlee

I wouldn't mind him staying but man the short yard plays are just head scratching at times.

Leaning towards no on Lashlee honestly. The run game and lack of creativity with it is glaring for me. There are a ton of guys out there that could get the job done and keep TVD on track. JMO.

Advertisement
Depends who we're replacing him with. Lashlee absolutely has his faults, but if we can improve the OL via the portal and have some semblance of a running game, I wouldn't lose sleep over him staying on staff. The O needs exponentially less work than the defense.

Now if it's Kiffin, it's not even a discussion, Lashlee will be gone.

I don't want to go back to a bro-style offense. We have athletes with speed at the skill positions and a QB who can deal, we need to spread the field and be a pass first offense. If the next guy brings in his own OC I won't cry over Lashlee being gone, I just don't want us to go back in time offensively.
If lashlee has done anything he has finally properly utilized our offensive skill players and has Miami using a 21st century O. It's fun to watch for the first time in 20 years.

I like Lashlee. Those up the middle runs worked at Auburn because he had a fckn NASTY Oline doing work in the trenches. Not just for the rb's, but also on designed QB runs. Miami isn't there yet and the sooner he realizes that the better. Especially if he's going to be retained by the new staff.

Advertisement
Could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere when Lashlee was at SMU there were overtures for him from Mario and Oregon before he decided on Miami? Couldn't find anything to source it to though.

Advertisement
Potentially keep him if we can’t upgrade and bring in a run game coordinator. If Mario is the HC he should be able to help with the run with his experience. Someone mentioned Mario wanted Lashlee at Oregon so it’s not out the realm of possibility he stays.

I will say this about Lashlee..... He finally went under center with the I formation and a god **** FB and smashed it in.

Missed that ****....

#oldbastardfootball

JC

Advertisement
Back