If it is Mario, would you be upset if Lashlee is retained?

Tru C

Senior
Or do you trust Mario to bring in an upgrade? Lashlee has his faults but I don’t think I would be too upset if he were retained, considering what we have seen with TVD and the offense as a whole. Am I trippin? Or being a b*tch? Set me straight, I can take it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Depends who we're replacing him with. Lashlee absolutely has his faults, but if we can improve the OL via the portal and have some semblance of a running game, I wouldn't lose sleep over him staying on staff. The O needs exponentially less work than the defense.

Now if it's Kiffin, it's not even a discussion, Lashlee will be gone.

I don't want to go back to a bro-style offense. We have athletes with speed at the skill positions and a QB who can deal, we need to spread the field and be a pass first offense. If the next guy brings in his own OC I won't cry over Lashlee being gone, I just don't want us to go back in time offensively.

I'd rather we get rid of the entire staff, but it's been nice to see TVD thriving in this vertical passing game. By far the biggest concern/question mark about Mario would be his OC hire after seeing Marcus Arroyo and Joe Moorhead at Oregon.

You can't keep your corvette in the garage by handcuffing TVD in a painfully conservative, coach-not-to-lose offense.

I'd rather we get rid of the entire staff, but it's been nice to see TVD thriving in this vertical passing game. By far the biggest concern/question mark about Mario would be his OC hire after seeing Marcus Arroyo and Joe Moorhead at Oregon.

You can't keep your corvette in the garage by handcuffing TVD in a painfully conservative, coach-not-to-lose offense.
Exactly! And that is my fear with Mario, and why I am skeptical of hiring him.. Justin Herbert was held back by offensive scheme at Oregon, if that guy was held back, TVD or any other QB will be also. Tyler Shough transferred from Oregon for the same reasons.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Remember Lashlee in the Alabama game… enough said.

And in hindsight, Alabama’s defense is not that good which means Lashlee’s offense should have been much better even if that was during the pre-TVD era of the season.

I mean, at this point, it may be a fair question on whether or not King hamstrung Lashlee. I would have called blasphemy before and surely looked at anyone who would make such a claim with stank eye, but I have evolved. Lol

This.

I'd trust the new HC to bring in his own staff. I'd be worried if he was planning on keeping more than the odd incumbent - someone like TRob, for example, who is known as an elite recruiter and DB coach.

Yeah the offense is night and day with TVD running it. We're not forcing Cam up Scaife's *** 3 plays in a row anymore.

As long as the next guys system doesn't stunt TVD's development and we keep slinging it, Lashlee can go. If he gets his walking papers and the next guy tries running some Enos ****, the fanbase will melt the **** down if TVD isn't throwing for 300+ on the regular.

I guess it's a case of the devil you know with me.

Advertisement
If the alternative is that ****show of a staff calling plays in Oregon then yes keep him. But there are plenty of guys who can be as basic as lashlee is with the same level of success with the horses we have

Advertisement
Back