If it is indeed Mario...

Advertisement
Honest question about timing, if Manny is fired...

We have at least two recruits (Jaden Harris, Jacarrius Peak) visiting on Friday. If the deal with Mario is done and we're just waiting for Saturday, then we have Manny hosting these recruits the day before being fired. The alternative is to fire Manny on Wednesday or Thursday and have the recruits hosted by some sort of skeleton crew.

I know the big picture is, 'Who cares? This class is shot. Just pull off the Band-Aid already.' But really, which option is worse for these visitors?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Most of the kids committed to Oregon for the 2022 class are from Cali or West Coast. Honestly doubt we would get any, I could see a transfer or two from Oregon (no names comes to mind) but my guess is some kids could potentially follow Cristobal.

Most of the kids committed to Oregon for the 2022 class are from Cali or West Coast. Honestly doubt we would get any, I could see a transfer or two from Oregon (no names comes to mind) but my guess is some kids could potentially follow Cristobal.
There's the OT from TX who's committed there. Bring him in. Mario = Shamar to the Canes. If Mario comes, the 2023 class will be sick.

Last edited:
If Mario comes I think we see a Lincoln Riley effect quickly

Especially since Mario is so well connected and respected locally by SoFla coaches

IMO names I would keep an eye on -

- Cam Williams - Oregon OL commit from TX that showed us some interest early on

- Devon Jackson - Oregon LB commit from Omaha, NE. We were in his final 3

- Shemar Stewart - Seems to be waiting on who we’re going to hire and not signing until Feb. We’re already in his top 5 or 3 and I think Mario combined with his relationships with players on the team will put us in prime position come Feb

- Wesley Bissainthe - Hopefully we can lock him in with Mario as HC. Only problem is, he’s scheduled to commit Dec 4

- Nyjalik Kelly - Comes from a Canes fam and was at a ton of games. Also visited Oregon and they are in his top schools. Gotta think Mario coming here would seal the deal. scheduled to commit Dec 15 so we don’t have much time

- Julian Armella - Cuban OL and from Columbus. Hopefully Mario has big pull

- Earl Little JR - Mario relationship with Sr. And Jr. has Oregon as a top school and visited in Nov.

- Anthony Lucas - Oregon as a final school. Visited in June. Had Miami as a top school before we **** the bed. Originally from Miami or has family in Miami. Only problem is, he’s committing Dec 15, so we don’t have much time

- Malik Agbo - Pacific Northwest kid who has Miami in final 4. Gotta think Mario has some sort of relationship

Advertisement

Especially since Mario is so well connected and respected locally by SoFla coaches

- Shemar Stewart - Seems to be waiting on who we’re going to hire and not signing until Feb. We’re already in his top 5 or 3 and I think Mario combined with his relationships with players on the team will put us in prime position come Feb

- Wesley Bissainthe - Hopefully we can lock him in with Mario as HC. Only problem is, he’s scheduled to commit Dec 4

- Nyjalik Kelly - Comes from a Canes fam and was at a ton of games. Also visited Oregon and they are in his top schools. Gotta think Mario coming here would seal the deal. scheduled to commit Dec 15 so we don’t have much time

- Earl Little JR - Mario relationship with Sr. And Jr. has Oregon as a top school and visited in Nov.

- Anthony Lucas - Oregon as a final school. Visited in June. Had Miami as a top school before we **** the bed. Originally from Miami or has family in Miami. Only problem is, he’s committing Dec 15, so we don’t have much time

- Malik Agbo - Pacific Northwest kid who has Miami in final 4. Gotta think Mario has some sort of relationship
Is Kelly scheduled to commit or sign December 15th ? If he's signing on that date we may miss the boat with him and Wesley unless we convince them to wait till February

Lucas is probably bama or tamu

Advertisement
ALL ARE POSSIBLE…GET’S @UM with MARIO CRISTOBAL
1. Agbo
2. Earl Little
3. Kelly
4. Devon Jackson
5. Cameron Williams
6. Kamari Wilson …….

Current OOS kids committed to Oregon. I could see us trying to flip ALL

Attachments

• B5DB816D-9574-4A16-B124-41EC617A0423.jpeg