If D'Nofrio leaves, who do you think we hire for job?

Advertisement
I would be happy as well with Leavitt, can't imagine him even getting an interview after his exit for USF. Him and Eddie Johnson in the same room could be scary.

It will have to be someone who plays multiple front more so on the 3-4 style of defense. The writing is on the wall; look at the recruits we are bringing in at the DE/LB spots

Advertisement
Manny Diaz. The writing is on the wall at Texas..

He was vomitus at Texas with better talent. No thanks.

You can say "he was incredible at Ole Miss with lesser talent." Reality is that he was too inflexible with the fire zone blitzes against the type of offenses he faced. His style fits our talent very well.

You could say that, but I don't remember him being "incredible" at Mississippi State.

Advertisement

You can say "he was incredible at Ole Miss with lesser talent." Reality is that he was too inflexible with the fire zone blitzes against the type of offenses he faced. His style fits our talent very well.

You could say that, but I don't remember him being "incredible" at Mississippi State.

Here are some stats, but I also watched plenty of their games:

In 2010 with the Mississippi State Bulldogs, Diaz guided a defense that ranked 22nd in the nation in scoring defense (19.9 ppg), 17th in rushing defense (214.9 ypg) and 17th in tackles for loss (7.0 pg). That was a dramatic turnaround for MSU from the season prior to his arrival. In 2009, the defense finished 71st in scoring defense, 62nd in rushing defense and 89th in TFL. Mississippi State also finished ranked 13th in red zone defense (.73) and 22nd in turnovers forced (28) nationally this season.

I'd consider that type of contrast remarkable.

Advertisement

Yeah he wasn't incredible there. They were 48th in total D in 2010. The 3 years prior they were 58th, 34th, 22nd. Midd Tenn St was between 50-80 his last 3 years there.

I'm not a huge Diaz fan.

id take the Bradley guy from Penn State.

i have a wildcard guy whom i like..i know lot of you guys wont though in...RON ZOOK.

Guy will have us loaded with RECRUITS...he goes hard on evals/recruiting

Advertisement
I think Barrow would get a strong look. I really want someone that wants to use speed as the biggest asset on D and not scheme but I'm also not paid to make that decision.

I think Barrow would get a strong look. I really want someone that wants to use speed as the biggest asset on D and not scheme but I'm also not paid to make that decision.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but Barrow has had responsibilities downgraded in past?

Yeah he wasn't incredible there. They were 48th in total D in 2010. The 3 years prior they were 58th, 34th, 22nd. Midd Tenn St was between 50-80 his last 3 years there.

I'm not a huge Diaz fan.

Did you see the stats/contrast I posted?

What is it that you don't like about him? I know some have issues with fire zone as a concept and that's fair, but is there something you specifically do not like? I'd be interested in discussing it. I know there are others who don't like him either.

Advertisement
Back