If Chud was hired...?

B.B.B

Oh wait.....
If Chud was hired as our head coach, would it be practical to assume that he would call plays ala Jimbo Fisher?

Advertisement
I think him getting promoted to OC with the Colts pretty much takes him off the market, IMO.

I doubt it. He didn't call the plays with the Browns, said that it allowed him to be more involved in the other aspects of the game. I would expect he would still have the same POV on that.

Advertisement
I think him getting promoted to OC with the Colts pretty much takes him off the market, IMO.

Why do think that?
You think it will lead to NFL HC opportunities?
UM HC > NFL coodinator I would think.

He's already been a HC in the NFL, if he does well as OC of the Colts I think he'd be better off just staying in the league and he'll get another shot. JMO.

There would be no other reason to hire him. If he doesn't call plays he's useless as HC at UM.

Advertisement
I suspect he's an NFL guy and wants to remain in the league. Probably still ****ed he was only a head coach for one season before getting axed.

He'd probably pass on UM, thankfully. Smart choice for him. If Pagano and the owner are still feuding, maybe he's promoted, or if he puts in good work with Luck, it could open up a head coaching position for another franchise.

I think Chud staying in the NFL is best for him and us.

Chud always struck me as an NFL guy.

think he would bolt after a year or so if he were named the head coach.

Advertisement
I suspect he's an NFL guy and wants to remain in the league. Probably still ****ed he was only a head coach for one season before getting axed.

He'd probably pass on UM, thankfully. Smart choice for him. If Pagano and the owner are still feuding, maybe he's promoted, or if he puts in good work with Luck, it could open up a head coaching position for another franchise.

I think Chud staying in the NFL is best for him and us.

It will be real interesting to watch how Indy's season unfolds. I think we can rule out PAgano because that would mean he'd have to quit before their year is up and I don't see him doing that. If we go after an NFL guy, it'll have to be a coordinator - a guy that can leave prior to the season end.

With that said, does anyone recall a coordinator or NFL HC that quit before the season ended to become a college coach besides Olive Garden?

Advertisement
Back