IF Butch is hired (yes another Butch thread)...

Gsugradcanefan

Freshman
What are the real expectations by this fanbase (year 1, year 2, etc)? How much time is he given to turn things around?

Advertisement
I'd love to see Butch come in and give it 5 years to close out his career. 2 years to turn this btich around talent wise, staff wise and spark the fan base.

We would instantly be improved just because of the guys he would hire around him and the recruits would be splashing their panties to get here.

I would expect a great season year one:

An elite QB, an elite OL, outstanding talent at TE and WR and an experienced and talented defense.

On the plus side, he'll have

Kaaya
Yearby
Darling
Thomas
AQM
Grace
Carter
Corn

On the flip side, the recruiting at OL, WR, and DB has been poor the last few cycles. Very thin.

I think he'd squeeze out 9-10 wins year one as he gets to work on his expertise: dominating So Fla evaluations and building an elite roster. He'd also be overhauling the progrum and a lot of dudes would be slimming down and watching their ice cream truck drive away and their ***** gauntlet set on fire.

I'd love to see Butch come in and give it 5 years to close out his career. 2 years to turn this btich around talent wise, staff wise and spark the fan base.

We would instantly be improved just because of the guys he would hire around him and the recruits would be splashing their panties to get here.

Not to mention the fan base will be energized. But all this is just pure speculation, I have no idea whether or not the administration will rehire him.

Advertisement
If it happened I would jump for joy like my 5 year old does when she is gonna get ice cream and I don't give a **** who sees it!!!

Not to mention the fan base will be energized.

Their season ticket sales would explode.

I saw some of the other players tell of when Butch got there, he told the team how it was going to be. I recall a number of players left, and it pretty much left the young guys.

There was no dikking around on a Butch Davis team. They were serious as a heart attack. They policed each other, they coached each other, and when someone didn't make their times, they could expect an *** whipping when they returned to the locker room. Said there were some awful fights - but everyone stepped up their game.

Butch recruited talent - true. But Butch recruited leaders and athletes. And THEN figured out where they'd play best. He learned through his 30-something scholarship reductions to evaluate players very, very carefully, as he couldn't afford to waste one single, scholarship. And that showed up on the field. Leadership, athletes, talent, and determination.

The team plays the games. Butch assembled all the necessary parts and made them fit. It was a machine.

That's what you could expect from Butch Davis.

A machine.

Advertisement
I saw some of the other players tell of when Butch got there, he told the team how it was going to be. I recall a number of players left, and it pretty much left the young guys.

There was no dikking around on a Butch Davis team. They were serious as a heart attack. They policed each other, they coached each other, and when someone didn't make their times, they could expect an *** whipping when they returned to the locker room. Said there were some awful fights - but everyone stepped up their game.

Butch recruited talent - true. But Butch recruited leaders and athletes. And THEN figured out where they'd play best. He learned through his 30-something scholarship reductions to evaluate players very, very carefully, as he couldn't afford to waste one single, scholarship. And that showed up on the field. Leadership, athletes, talent, and determination.

The team plays the games. Butch assembled all the necessary parts and made them fit. It was a machine.

That's what you could expect from Butch Davis.

A machine.

Beautifully written. Bravo!

If the BOT wants to give the program a mid season shot in the arm, and if we're constantly getting our butts kicked, they'll give Al his walking papers and hire Butch right off the street.

JMHO, they could be desperate by late November if fans aren't showing up to games and FSU and Clemson are beating us like wet dish rags.

I welcome The Machine.

Those days were great. Go anywhere in the country, and where there was college football merchandise for sale - heavy on the local teams, but there was always U merchandise as well.

Now, you can't find it outside of Coral Gables.

Advertisement
What are the real expectations by this fanbase (year 1, year 2, etc)? How much time is he given to turn things around?

ACC coastal champs year one. A couple recruiting cycles to keep the talent balance from Florida staying home and we should be thinking playoffs as the floor.

Advertisement
Back