If anyone wants to see history made

Advertisement
I hate this staff, I hate this defense, and I hate this philosophy. They can all **** off.

But you can **** off too for posting this ****.

Missed tackles; not getting off of blocks; linebackers getting sealed off; creases everywhere. Doesn't matter if they play upfield or two gap, have to beat their man and make a play.

What I got from that:

1. Abdullah is really good
2. The DL was better than I thought at the time watching it live (still not very good)
3. Nebraska got away with a lot of holding, but if you don't try to get off the block, the refs won't see or call it
4. Our LBs and safeties played terrible (one play Perryman goes to fill a gap and would've had Abdullah dead, then runs into Crawford (I think?) filling the same gap...neither of them make the tackle)
5. McCord is a liability in run defense, but plays hard
6. Armbrister is hit or miss
7. We missed even more tackles than I thought at the time
8. Artie Burns was in position a lot, just didn't tackle
9. Jamal Carter looks lost at times
10. Coaching staff massive fail...all of those things come down to coaching at some point

Advertisement
6:37-6:45 says it all ... "I have no idea what the miami safeties are doing, they were supposed to be..."

"What is he filling"

This defense has quit... they play with no more passion. We're beat before we touch the field.

DP did not play well. He's usually in on a lot more tackles. He really did take himself out of a lot of plays. On the screen to Abdullah at the 5 or so, one LB blitzed. Abdullah is DP's responsibility. He knows that, but he just didn't get out there. If he had been there it's a relatively easy stop. That one's not on the coaches.

Dallas had a few where you're scratching your head. He did not play well. But of Dallas, I see him 15 yards from the LOS, and his first 3-4 steps are backward. He's being told to do that. Why? I have no idea. That's on the coaches.

Bush, Carter and Burns just aren't playing well. A lot of people say why don't we do what VaTech did against osu. I'm one of them. Put 8 in the box and make them beat us by beating our corners one on one. Well, with the play of our corners, it doesn't look like the coaches are willing to take that risk. Being cautionary in that area makes some sense. I'm not defending the coaches, but those backs MUST play better. They are better players. They have to show it. Now. Would have been nice if they had done so on Saturday.

Are they stinking it up because of system? Clearly, yes. But that's not all of it. AG is right. There were a lot of missed tackles.

Either way, it's all disgusting.

Advertisement
6:37-6:45 says it all ... "I have no idea what the miami safeties are doing, they were supposed to be..."

"What is he filling"

This defense has quit... they play with no more passion. We're beat before we touch the field.

Look also at the first play in that video. Deon Bush does the same thing. Runs to the inside which is already crowded with defenders and abdullah just bounces it outside to where bush should be. basically the same exact play. two separate players making the same mistake, among countless other mistakes all over the field. our players are not being taught properly and the playcalling sucks

Advertisement
Back