If Al Golden wouldve fired D'No....

Reppingtheu

Redshirt Freshman
Had an interesting debate today with a friend of mine who is also a Miami fan. The question that was raised was, "If Al Golden would've fired D'No and hired Manny to run his D before the 2014 season, what would the result have been?"

I think we still would've lost to Louisville but I think we run the table after that, that's assuming all other factors stay the same. If that happens, what happens in the ACC champ game? Would we make the playoff? How would recruiting have been affected? Had a pretty good debate about it. My boy thinks that they still wouldve lost 5-6 games because Golden just sucks. Obviously its something that we'll never know, just something interesting to think about since the season is pretty much over.

Advertisement
Had an interesting debate today with a friend of mine who is also a Miami fan. The question that was raised was, "If Al Golden would've fired D'No and hired Manny to run his D before the 2014 season, what would the result have been?"

I think we still would've lost to Louisville but I think we run the table after that, that's assuming all other factors stay the same. If that happens, what happens in the ACC champ game? Would we make the playoff? How would recruiting have been affected? Had a pretty good debate about it. My boy thinks that they still wouldve lost 5-6 games because Golden just sucks. Obviously its something that we'll never know, just something interesting to think about since the season is pretty much over.

It was Golden's defense...he wasn't going to hire someone who would've ran anything different.

Besides that horrible 2nd season where we were horrendous, how much did his defense give up PPG against FBS schools

Advertisement
Manny would have got fired for punching Al in the face. Or he would have resigned after the first week of practice.

The rabid rants for his head would have been delayed by a year...oh, wait, they were, they're peaking this year after a 4-game skid.

The offense was horse **** under Golden. That was just irrelevant though, because the defense was elephant-on-steroids ****.

Alfred Golden is a below average position coach. He surrounded himself with a coaching staff of invalids and nobodies.

The best professional day of Al Goldens coaching career doesn't deserve to lick on Richt's shart skidmark. And Richt kind of sucks.

Al Golden and his used-car-salesman antics has done almost irreparable damage to the psyche of this fan base. Stringing his buddies along with him was all part of his long con, so it's not even a debatable hypothetical.

Golden wasn't ready for Miami job. He will be a head coach in college again and maybe he learns from his mistakes.

Advertisement
This dude just made a thread saying Al Golden would have went 12-1 in 2014 if he fired Donofrio. HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH. AL ******* GOLDEN.

Golden still wanted his players bloated up. Look at how much better Chad Thomas looks as far as speed and being fluid/more athletic; scheme and coaching not being effective.

There was no way Golden was going to pull Coach Kool though. There were other programs that I'm sure that offered him and everyone saw Golden as a lame duck coach.

Besides, everyone's hating on D'Onofrio (and he deserves it). But he was merely forcing the monolithic defensive system that plagued this program for 5 years.

Advertisement

It was Golden's defense...he wasn't going to hire someone who would've ran anything different.

This

Advertisement
Golden would still be coach. D'Onofrio was his problem. Although D'Onofrio will be a good position coach again sometime most likely next year (even possibly in the NFL), he was not a good coordinator for Miami. Al Golden is better as a head coach than people think. He had to get through the sanctions and people are not fair in assessing him properly. Should he have won more? Yes...if he would have made better choices with assistants.

Advertisement
Back