Idea with Stadium Money-Buy Players

Team,

Why not take the stadium money of ~$500M and just go buy players instead with NIL Deals. You can say spend $250K or $500K per every top 25 player. Assuming you landed all top 25, you would spend (if at $500K) $12.5M a year. You can do this for 10+ years in a row. You can turn Miami into a mini pro-football team. Imagine the endorsement deals and revenue that would generate. We literally would never lose.

My 2 cents that I personally think is a no brainer. Unfortunately I do not have that money lying around to do it lol.

Advertisement
robert redford yes GIF

Team,

Why not take the stadium money of ~$500M and just go buy players instead with NIL Deals. You can say spend $250K or $500K per every top 25 player. Assuming you landed all top 25, you would spend (if at $500K) $12.5M a year. You can do this for 10+ years in a row. You can turn Miami into a mini pro-football team. Imagine the endorsement deals and revenue that would generate. We literally would never lose.

My 2 cents that I personally think is a no brainer. Unfortunately I do not have that money lying around to do it lol.

Isn't this how you got caught up in an FBI investigation, Mr. Adidas?

Advertisement
Buying players is not a permanent solution to an ongoing problem. Its like putting a bandaid on an injury that requires surgery.

Investing in facilities that UM currently doesn't have is everlasting.

These are facilities that every big boy college football team has.

Building a stadium can bring additional revenue to the program instead of taking away from it (naming rights, events rental, ect)

Team,

You are correct. It is a no-brainer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back